Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Review-- or what have we learned recently on KFO?

Whatever gave you that idea?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
    I've learned that almost every thread eventually goes off topic.
    But then again, after a while they also tend to get back to the point.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Till they go off topic again
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by eulerfan

There's a difference?
    Not to you Canadians
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

You get an A for effort but I actually wouldn't mind being Canadian. Them's good peeps.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

I've learned that who says something is as important as what is being said on this board.

Lengend posted

It's no longer that simple to shoot in for a double leg and kill the guy on the ground. The standup fighters are training hard on sprawling and other tactics to avoid being taken to the ground...and when taken to the ground they are escaping the positions to get back up! Look at BAS RUTTEN. He's such an incredible striker...a natural. They need to do a documentary on him...and his evolution. The playing field for standup fighters and grapplers are now even. No longer one style dominates.
    (Not an attack on you legend)

Most of you gave a hearty "yes sir" to this bit of info. Yet, If I say something exactly like this(which I have for some time) I'm accused of being a non-conforming traditionalist that can't see the error of my ways. Where is the justice?!?!

Why is it OK for someone who has Submission fighter as his style to say this and not for someone who notes kung fu as thier experience?

in all honesty

it is probably because a submission fighter is perceived to have the experience in this to know whereof he speaks, and not to say it out of theoretical wishful thinking.