Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Strength Training Links

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    I see what you were saying now, yeah you can't really make a 300 lb sandbag, although maybe you can if you shoved weights in or something, but you wouldn't need 300 lbs of sandbag to equal the difficulty of a barbell I wouldn't think. Either way there are some exercises a limp sandbag can't do a stiff barbell can.
    You would probably hurt yourself lifting a 300 lb sand bag, that dead, limp weight is a lot harder to carry than something solid...I actually have a 300 pound plus gravel bag made out of an old army duffel bag, not for lifting, just for conditioning leg kicks and sweeps. (Sits on the floor, I couldn't hang it if I wanted to, straps wouldn't hold and if they broke that could be the end of your foot.)

Those 70 pound tubes of sand they sell at Home Depot would be a good workout tool, they're cheap, manageable and half way durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I actually have a 300 pound plus gravel bag made out of an old army duffel bag, not for lifting, just for conditioning leg kicks and sweeps.
    Dude, you're a beast! I have an XXL Wave Master that I kick around but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around kicking a 300 pound gravel bag, though I'd sure give it a go.

This guy can just hold it up for you , nah but yeah I definately could not lift that I have about 40 in now just to try it out and see how that suits me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=nRSgMdmhaA0

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Dude, you're a beast! I have an XXL Wave Master that I kick around but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around kicking a 300 pound gravel bag, though I'd sure give it a go.
    I'm a long ways from doing it full force, I should have started with half sand, half gravel, but I wanted all or nothing, lol...I can hit it about half power, maybe someday....
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

This guy can just hold it up for you , nah but yeah I definately could not lift that I have about 40 in now just to try it out and see how that suits me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=nRSgMdmhaA0
    That's insane! You know he can toss some dudes around like rag dolls, technique or not!

Hulk smash!

Just added pullups to my routine, and getting some solid results.

Do about 110 of them on biceps and back day. Split them into sets of 10, with 60 close hand and 50 widearm. Usually need to bring in the chair to finish them all.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

So I'm trying to gain some size, and this is a lazy question I could probably answer with Google but I figure I'd ask, which percentage max rep will help you gain size? And with that what size reps? I'm pretty sure with size gain you want small reps and few sets correct? And is there a difference for say pure mass gain and trying to gain size and strength? Thanks.

So I'm trying to gain some size, and this is a lazy question I could probably answer with Google but I figure I'd ask, which percentage max rep will help you gain size? And with that what size reps? I'm pretty sure with size gain you want small reps and few sets correct? And is there a difference for say pure mass gain and trying to gain size and strength? Thanks.
    Increase of muscle mass comes from two MAIN factors:
    Increase in weight.
    Hypertrophy, which is a fancy name for increase in muscle mass.
    Muscle gets bigger when it has to grow bigger because of increased demands.
    For that it requires food.
    The reps schemes are, typically, as follows:
    1-3 range - pure strength and minimal muscle size increase
    3-5 - mostly strength and some mass
    5-8 mostly mass and some strength
    8-12 - mostly mass and some muscular endurance
    12+ mostly endurance and little mass.

Sets are a bit more tricky because that depends on the protocol you are following what kind of exercises you will be doing.

Do NOT use the typical bodybuilder routines unless you are a high caliber BB and/or on recovery enhancers ( Steroids, etc).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Increase of muscle mass comes from two MAIN factors:
    Increase in weight.
    Hypertrophy, which is a fancy name for increase in muscle mass.
    Muscle gets bigger when it has to grow bigger because of increased demands.
    For that it requires food.
    The reps schemes are, typically, as follows:
    1-3 range - pure strength and minimal muscle size increase
    3-5 - mostly strength and some mass
    5-8 mostly mass and some strength
    8-12 - mostly mass and some muscular endurance
    12+ mostly endurance and little mass.

Sets are a bit more tricky because that depends on the protocol you are following what kind of exercises you will be doing.

Do NOT use the typical bodybuilder routines unless you are a high caliber BB and/or on recovery enhancers ( Steroids, etc).
    I'm okay I don't need to use steroids and shrink my wang. Well that does help some

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    or you could do what the raw IPF world record holders all do to build strength and their deadlift, just well deadlift

I like louie but his stuff is for geared lifters (in both senses) no matter what he or dave tate say

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    or you could do what the raw IPF world record holders all do to build strength and their deadlift, just well deadlift

I like louie but his stuff is for geared lifters (in both senses) no matter what he or dave tate say
    Off the topic of that, but over at truenutrition.com and making a custom protein powder. My question being, say I add whey, casein, and brown rice, would that be a complete protein because I know you often have to add rice and beans together to make a complete protein or would also adding hemp or pea protein be needed? I also suggest taking a look over that site, pretty good stuff for much cheaper than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

I like louie because the amount of free info he gives.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC