Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Strength Training Links

i am sorry, my penus always very wide like french bread.
    what i need is make penus long. your product cannot help me.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i am sorry, my penus always very wide like french bread.
    what i need is make penus long. your product cannot help me.
    put it back in the oven for a bit, then when it's warmed up, pull it out longer

Alaska. http://jadedragonalaska.yolasite.com/

Talking

Not my specialty, but this appears to be the real McCoy here. My teacher would pull trucks with his hair, but I had not seen this done at this level before.

Mantak Chia refers to this method in some of his books.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x7-gHCLPcA
    Impressive!

Used to be at site below, but copyright stopped it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFfhxVmdXZ4

I suppose if you strengthen the weakest, or narrowest passage of circulation, one could improve their overall flow health and power. I prefer fingertip (flat-tip) pushups, sometimes headstand fingertip pushups leaning against a wall.

I have used dear antler, penus and tail; effectively for physical, mental and sexual stamina. These all are at narrow bottlenecks of flow. Pantochrin tincture that was concentrated from antler, is one of the few proven and documented natural stimulants that are not caffeine (adrenalin) based.

See my book or your herbalists for more; and what conditions to take them under. Ginseng is similar.
    http://www.lulu.com/product/paperbac...rkout/15063347

"i am sorry, my penus always very wide like french bread.
    what i need is make penus long. your product cannot help me. "

Quote Originally Posted by Foiling Fist View Post
    I suppose if you strengthen the weakest, or narrowest passage of circulation, one could improve their overall flow health and power. I prefer fingertip (flat-tip) pushups, sometimes headstand fingertip pushups leaning against a wall.
    are you trying to tell me to do pushups with my penus?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Keep it on the subject guys, this is a thread about STRENGTH training, got it?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

strengthcoach.com has some great articles for strength training - not all kung fu stuff but v good

Thank you for your thoughtful post. Really provided some great information.

What do you guys think about using sandbags for exercise, not a striking bag but one you lift or carry for various exercises like those for at sporting goods stores? About to make one as they seem to give a pretty good workout. Though I would contribute seeing as the forum is pretty dead.

Also i took a look at Bill Pearls getting strong book, I forgot who posted about it. It's a pretty good resource and has a lot of material I would recommend it also so thanks to that person who mentioned it

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    What do you guys think about using sandbags for exercise, not a striking bag but one you lift or carry for various exercises like those for at sporting goods stores? About to make one as they seem to give a pretty good workout. Though I would contribute seeing as the forum is pretty dead.
    I do similar things all day at work, carrying and throwing 80 pound bags of mortar. It will make you strong, but it just seems like work and it sucks. I'd rather hit pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

It depends on your goals, really. For general physical preparedness it can be quite good. They're very versatile. Loads of exercises you can do. Getups, cleans, squats, good mornings/deadlifts, heavy carries(wrap arms around carry for distance), possibly overhead pressing, etc.

Another good thing about it is that you can progressively load them. Add weight and get stronger. Unfortunately, it won't be a substitute for barbells for strength training.

If you're jus tryin to "get in shape", I think they're pretty great and versatile pieces of equipment. Especially for someone that does home workouts and likes to do more calisthenics.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Along with my regular strength training routine of using free weights, bow flex, body weight exercises...etc I sometimes use an old 70 pound heavy bag for various exercises. I'll bear hug it and do a single long set of squats for several minutes or until burnout. I also do one legged squats, up and down a hill and walking steps with it on my shoulders. I don't have a spare tractor tire like I've seen the MMA fellas using (mine are actually on a tractor), so another exercise I do is to flip it end over end across the yard for several minutes. This last one is especially entertaining for my dog.

I like low cost DIY stuff and am just about to make a sandbag for home workouts. Most people seem to recommend using wood pellets rather than actual sand. The links are easy to find online. Here is one: http://www.davisdailybootcamp.com/mo...r-own-sandbag/

Like JamesC said, I'm looking for general fitness and decent strength. People that do real work are usually very functionally strong even when not very bulky at all. I'm an office guy, so I need the workout.

I remember living abroad we used to have 5 gallon jugs of water, or whatever the metric equivalent of that is, delivered. Dude's forearms were developed. I started doing farmers carries of those plastic water jugs to good effect. Plus, you get to handle a lot of jugs.

Yeah I'll be doing weights also, but functional strength is nice I will be using my heavy bag also, I just need to get it set back up is all. I got an empty bag from everythingwingchun.com and filled it with beans, I prefer it over a regular bag I think, it's al lot quieter so I can use it in the house while others are sleeping, and it's not too hard to where I have to worry about hurting my wrist on it, but not too light either. Of course filling it was kind of expensive because beans aren't super cheap.

I filled my sandbag with wood pellets, trying to figure out how to use a garbage bag as a liner. I tied it off with the top of the other but then it seemed it wouldn't flow freely entirely but then I had to cut it to untie the bag so I tied it in a knot and this time just put it inside the bag but now the garbage bag is shorter than the sandbag so there is a big spot where the pellets never move to so I'm gonna grab another bag and use the full sized garbage bag tucked inside and see where that puts me, if nothing else maybe I won't use a garbage bag. I just wanted to keep the dust level down was all.

I single handedly revived this thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    It depends on your goals, really. For general physical preparedness it can be quite good. They're very versatile. Loads of exercises you can do. Getups, cleans, squats, good mornings/deadlifts, heavy carries(wrap arms around carry for distance), possibly overhead pressing, etc.

Another good thing about it is that you can progressively load them. Add weight and get stronger. Unfortunately, it won't be a substitute for barbells for strength training.

If you're jus tryin to "get in shape", I think they're pretty great and versatile pieces of equipment. Especially for someone that does home workouts and likes to do more calisthenics.
    I see what you were saying now, yeah you can't really make a 300 lb sandbag, although maybe you can if you shoved weights in or something, but you wouldn't need 300 lbs of sandbag to equal the difficulty of a barbell I wouldn't think. Either way there are some exercises a limp sandbag can't do a stiff barbell can.