Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Strength Training Links

very nice indeed :-)

A question

I train (powerlifting) my upper body on mondays.
    Sometimes, on thursday i'm still sore.
    But as I do that workout 2 times a week I still do it.
    It's not that I can hardly move or something :-) but it just hurts a little (but it's not pain I dislike :-))

so my question
    Is it bad to train that 2nd time. Should I rest more so I grow more? Am I throwing my hard earned muscles away?

tnx

2 times a week should be fine. However, one day should be a heavy day and the other a medium day. Take more rest days after your heavy day.

It's ok to train when you are a little sore, sometimes it makes you feel better.

fa_jing is right. as ford has told us many times over, a bit of exercise when we're sore can be just what the doctor ordered, helping blood bring its goodness to our muscles with a bit more enthusiasm.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

since it always takes me a **** long time to find this link when i want it, here's the intro on how to do pistols mike mahler wrote up:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler2.htm
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

have any of you ever heard of the "fiber blaster" weight training program ? It's goal is to stimulate as many muscle fibers as possible during a workout - slow twitch and fast twitch fibers. It's basically a mix of both high and low rep lifts. Like you would do one or two heavy sets of 6 reps on the bench, then you would do a couple light weight / high rep sets of the same ... say 40 repetitions. I've been doing it for a couple weeks now and notice a difference in muscl. endurance. I also seem to be making gains just fine. Any thoughts ???

Originally posted by
    If you practice kung fu heavily, and also swim and lift weights,
    --Deep fried food? Stay away! Especially before training. No french fries

[This message was edited by Destrous9 on 04-21-01 at 11:02 AM.]
    There are readily available Aero-Fries. These aren't fried, but cooked by hot air. They taste just as good.

Originally posted by morbicid
    have any of you ever heard of the "fiber blaster" weight training program ? It's goal is to stimulate as many muscle fibers as possible during a workout - slow twitch and fast twitch fibers. It's basically a mix of both high and low rep lifts. Like you would do one or two heavy sets of 6 reps on the bench, then you would do a couple light weight / high rep sets of the same ... say 40 repetitions. I've been doing it for a couple weeks now and notice a difference in muscl. endurance. I also seem to be making gains just fine. Any thoughts ???
    I've heard that's counter productive. How are you still doing? Were you just making n00b gains on it?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

ttt -- we could all use the refresher

Sticky, sticky, sticky, dayum you!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

well, back in my earlier mod days, i didn't understand how the merging worked. i do now, so i can either:

merge it with one of the other stickies, or unsticky one of the other two. i'm sticking with two stickies, so you chaps can make up your mind.

I vote for un-sticky-ing (<-- great new word!) the progress thread as first choice.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I have some more I could add too if this becomes a sticky.

Merge it with the "my strength advice" sticky. The whole point of that sticky is the huge number of useful links in it; having two stickied threads with informative links instead of one seems kind of senseless.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Supplements tested against their label claims:

http://labelclaimstesting.com/page.php?pageID=11
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.