Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Core strength and posture

My 2 cents worth---

I think the best core stability exercises are snatches and clean and jerks.
    Deadlifts and squats are close seconds
    Heavy bent rows and straight leg deadlifts, good mornings (be careful with these) are very helpful as well.

I've never worked with a stability ball, but it makes alot of sense.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Core_abs

My_space_bar_is_broken
    A_simple-_excersise_u_can_do_anywhere
    Stand_in_the_basic_wingchun_stance_feet_a_bit_more _than_shoulder_width_parrallel_place_one_foot_slig htly_forward_Start_Left
    Now_start_swinging_the_left_arm_backwards_in_large _circles_Keep_shoulders_low_swing_like_backstroke_ in_swimming.
    It_sounds_easy_but_try_for_10-20min-each-arm._U_should_build_shoulder_flex_strength_and_all _the_side_obliques_even_the_front_abs._Give-it-a-go-as-after-a-few-weeks-u-should-notice-a-lot-more-strength-in-the-core-helps-withstand-punches-to-stomach.

also-it-is-the-beginning-of-heavy-hand/palm/ironetc-should-feel-palm-swell-afeter-a-few-weeks
    good-luck-good-excersie-to-do-when-no-equipment-around

Iron Pillars, cantilevers, Tiger-crawl, Crab-walk, Monkey-run.
    Tai Chi is

Check out the excerises on this site
    www.bodyresults.com/S2coretraining.asp

Most of its been said but it is a good site,
    Hope thats usefull.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

I have the same problem with my core stabalizers- Man are they hard to strengthen. I had trouble with pain keeping me from getting any real improvement untill a week ago. The breakthrough was kind'a cool and really simple once I thought about it.

Do your stability exersized in a lake, submerged up to mid-chest. Some friends and I were goofing around at a local resivior, trying to see who could hold horse stance the longest while working through the basic blocks and punches. This sound very easy untill you realize that the water was really rough from water craft wakes. And the sand shifts around under your feet. Usually my hip flexors keep me from being able to do this for more than 2-3 minutes. In the water I could do them for over an hour.

Man did my legs and trunk ache the next day! I hadn't had that good of a total body workout since before I dislocated my hip. And I noticed the benifits the very next time I tried hand stand push-ups. I have never been good at them, have to use the wall to keep up long enough to do even one. Two days after the lake incident, I was able to do five without touching the wall at all. I then walked on my hands away from the wall about 15 feet.