Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where I can find some GOOD video of Kung Fu fights?

Anyone know where I can find some GOOD video of Kung Fu fights?

I'm looking to collect some online sources of Kung Fu fights, san Shou, Kuo Shuo etc... Something that can really make people stand up and go "Wow, that guy can fight!!!"
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Since when do kung fu people fight????

What are you talking about, haven't youn ever been to a Kuo Shou tournament and seen the Leti fighting?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

There are plenty of videos out there showing good Kung fu fighters. The video isn't the problem. Few out there have the know how or time to DIGITIZE thier footage. Clips don't automatically get posted on the web.

Its very convenient to present well chosen clips that depict what you want as proof of something. The news media does it everyday to stir up sensationalism. But still, people cling to them for dear life because it tends to be the crux of many of thier arguements. Everybody is trying to plant their flag and promote thier product. But this flag is being planted on a mound of conjecture, misinformation, generalizations and assumptions. When questioned about those assumptions the answer is usually "well, look at this video" . The rebutle being "Again ?, we already saw this clip of a fat out of shape guy doing what he says is wingchun and losing" . The usual next reply is "All kung Fu is the same he must represtent your best." Next reply, "I didn't choose him. All kung fu is NOT the same. My first year students could beat this fat guy." "Oh you guys are making excuses, we all know this the best you have to offer." When in fact if the tables were turned the exact same things would be said by the other camp. "This guy doesn't represent my style. He isn't in any kind of shape, I have better students than this, you guys don't know what we do by this example." and on and on. we seen it all before , haven't we? Then it all turns to the same pizzing contest all over again. With either side twisting and turning the other guys words out of context to suit thier position. Whats worse is when we agree on issues yet the same generalizationas are made OVER and OVER again. It does get EXTREMELY boring.
    "You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time." " You have to train with resistance" " I agree we do it all the time."

As it has been noted before the clips available of kungfu vs. X are actually only a handfull . Or, clips that show some freak embarrassing momemt like when botztepe blindsided chueng seems to be added to kung fu vs. X for some reason. They belong more in the funny Bloopers section than in a court of law as proof.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 02-09-2003 at 02:02 PM.

Statistically speaking, When you have only 5 examples of fighting in a competion that has had thousands of fights, you can't determine a percentage bias number (the usual bloated 90%) when the actual occurence accounts for les than a quarter of 1 % of the venue. And that number represents much less of a percentage of the group in question.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 02-09-2003 at 02:10 PM.

"Then it all turns to the same pizzing contest all over again. "

reply]
    Ok, hows this then, send me some video clips of MMA guys getting beat??? he he he he, I just want some good Kung Fu fight clips for my site, I didn't mean to touch off a war here (That's planned for later )

For the Women:

+ = & a

No one seems to be touching this one.

Yeah, it's weird. You'd think there would be some good Kuo Shou or San Shou SOMEWHERE on the net by now.

For the Women:

+ = & a

People have in other threads when its suits them.

Like this One: http://members.tripod.com/shaolinwushu/movies.htm

This is a san shou set of clips . Some good, some bad.

Why they tend to stroll up each other with a straight kneed walking footwork, I don't know.
    Cung le has a much better base than most of these guys. And much better footwork. And he says stances didn't help him , ha!

Talking Ok I'll bite it.

Royal Dragon,

Your not looking hard enough. Or how about this? Can't you show some of yourself? We have tons of fight tapes both in training fights and competitions. Some look good, some look sloppy but all are pretty hardcore. We may even post some of them at some time. Thing is, I would not want movies of myself getting my ass kicked floating around the internet. In every one of them there is a loser and a winner. But we don't tape them for your benefit. They are learning tools for our personal benefit. I'm sure anyone who actually trains in martial arts has video like this. Actually, since you mention it, we have training video and footage from the Lei Tai the American Kou Shou Federation puts on every year in Baltimore. In fact, why don't you go this year and bring a camcorder? Maybe I'll meet up with you myself.

What's the point anyway? Are you trying to prove something to some screen name on line who says your style sucks? Most of those clowns don't have the courage to use their own names and stand behind their own words let alone face it in a fight. Who the fuck cares anyway?

One group who is very open about their videos is The Brothers of Wudang. They have tons available and posted on their web site. I think there is even one of me losing a medal round last year available . They sell them and you can see, they are serious about using kung fu in their fights. Some of them show a lot of style. I recommend the fights they sell of when the Beijing San Shao team came to town.

Anyway, if I misunderstood the purpose of your post, contact me privately and I'll see if I can hook you up.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

LOL! catchy tune.

I'm a african
    I'm a african
    Do you know whats happenin'
    I'm a african
    I'm a african
    Do you know whats happenin'

They got the right idea, why give it away. Make money danamit!

"What's the point anyway? Are you trying to prove something to some screen name on line who says your style sucks?"

It is pointless isn't it.

" Its very convenient to present well chosen clips that depict what you want as proof of something. The news media does it everyday to stir up sensationalism. But still, people cling to them for dear life because it tends to be the crux of many of thier arguements."

Stuff like this is why I don't post more here. Its like talking to a deaf televangilist.

Hey, how can I get my cursing on?

Originally posted by SifuAbel

Stuff like this is why I don't post more here. Its like talking to a deaf televangilist.

Hey, how can I get my cursing on?
    LOL!, granted your post count is half of mine. Still, 678 aint too shabby. As far as your cursing, that's a fucking secret.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

BTW, if you get through the language and the bias you'll find a deep understanding of martial arts at that site. Sure they sell the videos. Wouldn't you?
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

I sure would. I'm not commenting on thier kung fu. I just thought it was catchy.

Its easy to get a few hundred posts here. Which are mostly,

"No, thats not quite right."
    "I don't have to study what I don't know to form an opinion"
    "yes you do."
    "no I don't"
    "yes you do."
    "no I don't"
    "yes you do."
    "no I don't"

Wink I see what you mean.

Anyway, when you get as many as I, you too will be a master at defeating the sensor.
    Last edited by count; 02-10-2003 at 02:21 PM.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM