Thread: shooting yourself in the foot

shooting yourself in the foot

someone sent me this last week - apologies if you've seen it before. It's a joke, not a reflection of my opinions

Karate:
    You shoot yourself in the foot.

Taekwondo:
    You shoot yourself in the foot, which is located 6 ft. above ground level at that time.

Judo:
    You shoot a softball at your foot. This is so much fun that you take it into your daily training routine. After a Japanese term is found it is incorporated into the curriculum at blue belt level.

Hapkido:
    You try to shoot yourself in the foot while performing an elegant circular movement. You will get hurt in any case. The chance of getting a gunshot wound is about 50%, thus being equal to the chance of spraining your joints.

Wing Tsun (Leung Ting):
    You hear that this technique belongs to an advanced part of the curriculum. You spend the rest of your life with expensive seminars that are supposed to prepare you for the aforementioned part.

Wing Chun (William Cheung):
    You shoot yourself in the foot. Nobody has heard the shot and no wounds are visible which is exactly your intention. There will be no indicators of an injury until the next two weeks have passed because this is a Dim Mak technique.

Ving Tsun (Wong):
    You shoot yourself in the foot. Because of your extremely stable low stance the bullet penetrates your calf, your knee and your shin. You fall on your face and lose your teeth. For the rest of your life you show your injuries as evidences of your style's efficacy.

Tai Chi:
    You practice to draw and shoot in one single fluid movement. After years of constant training you become one with your weapon but you have forgotten what to do with it.

Iaido:
    You practice to draw and shoot in one single fluid movement. You then spend the rest of your life imagining how the sound of a shot that is heard by nobody differs from the sound of a one-handed hand-clapping (during the peach harvest in Kyoto).

Shaolin Kung Fu:
    You develop 108 different movements to draw the weapon together with 108 corresponding stances. However, you refrain from the actual shooting for religious reasons.

BJJ:
    First you build an octagonal cage. There you shoot yourself in the foot in front of a paying audience. You offer a prize to anybody who can shoot bigger holes in more feet with fewer bullets.

Aikido:
    You miss your foot by about 40 cm. You then spend the rest of your life trying to change the position of your hand while pressing the trigger so that the bullet describes a circular path that ends up in your foot.

Boxing:
    During training you have difficulties manipulating the trigger while wearing gloves. The shooting is postponed 6 times because of injuries and finally cancelled because the pistol doesn't belong to any major boxing federation.

Krav Maga:
    You shoot off every single toe with a sub-machinegun. Then you switch to automatic fire and separate both feet from the legs with carefully aimed bursts. To make sure they're really gone you jump on top of an Arabian anti-personnel mine.

Capoeira:
    You try to shoot yourself in the foot but miss on the first try. After the 40th reload you realize that you didn't actually learn a martial art and shoot yourself in the head.

Iron Palm kung fu:
    You soon realize that you won't be able to shoot yourself daily in the leg without proper training. You spend the rest of your life on a quest make your leg bulletproof by hitting it with various objects.

Ryukyu Kempo:
    You carefully pick a spot and shoot yourself once in the leg. Your left ear muscles are instantly paralyzed. You're happy because the technique worked exactly as you thought it would, and it's obviously superior to Karate leg-shooting technique.

Hikuta:
    You shoot your leg the way the pharaohs did in ancient times. You find it a bit difficult because you don't tense the trigger finger at all. When the gun eventually fires, the bullet misses your foot, but that is quite irrelevant.

American Kenpo:
    You attempt to shoot yourself in the foot. An 8th degree blackbelt stops you saying that's not the way GM parker would have done it. He attempts to show you the way when another 8th+ blackbelt comes and up and tells the first one he isn't doing it way GM parker would have done it either. An argument ensues and 15 other 8th+ blackbelt come over and get involved. End result nobody gets shot in the foot.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Witty signature under construction.

Hehe! I especially like the one with taiji.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

lol
    What a super guy

Bjj

First you build an octagonal cage. There you shoot yourself in the foot in front of a paying audience. You offer a prize to anybody who can shoot bigger holes in more feet with fewer bullets.
    Should read:

Bjj:
    First you build an octagonal cage and rule in it for a few years. Then Muscle bound bar room brawlers work out your trick and take your thing off off you building a huge empire but leaving you out of it.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Bjj:
    First you build an octagonal cage and rule in it for a few years. Then Muscle bound bar room brawlers work out your trick and take your thing off off you building a huge empire but leaving you out of it.

But you don't give a crap as everyone buys your instructional videos and makes you rich.

hehehhee
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Talking

Kaitain: I practice Ryukyu Kempo and shoot myself in the leg (paralyzing various non-related body parts) daily!
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

BJJ:

You build a cage and don't allow guns in. Since there are no guns (and therefore no shooting of the foot) You claim that BJJ cannot be shot in the foot.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

LOL @ WD!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Kung Fu:

You have never attempted to shoot yourself in the foot and never will. You are satisfied in knowing that your style's grandmaster successfully shot himself in the foot and did so with the best technique of all time. Because of this, you continue to tell people that your style has superior methods of shooting oneself in the foot, even though you've never tried it yourself.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

ROFLMAO @WD n 7*
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

I study kung fu and have succesfully shot myself in the foot on more than one occasion
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash