Thread: Bruce vs Chuck questions??

Bruce vs Chuck questions??

Ok first and foremost this is only for the Bruce Lee fanatics like myself. Many of you have been in amazement of the fight between these two but I have certain questions:

1.)There is a part where chuck has his back to the camera and I think that Bruce does some trapping (maybe like a lop and straight blast with plams) does anyone know exactly what happens?

2.)there is another part where he has him against the wall and is just pummeling him with a series of punches (hooks, or straight punches with shifting), he even does this to warm up before the fight can anyone tell me what type of punches he is using???

thanks in advance brothers!!!!

Could you hook me up with this fight?

The fight is at the end of "Return of the Dragon" which I think was originally called "Way of the Dragon.'

1) I dunno. The fight in general is pretty sorry, even given the fact that is a old ass movie.

2) Thats dynamic stretching, sometimes called ballistic stretching, you notice he also did several kicks of the same type. They look like low straight punches to me, the trick is to engage all the muscles explosively, without hyper-extending anything, so punch however you like.

The best things IMHO, is the warm-up sequence and Bruce Lee's demonstration of the Rocker Shuffle.

strike!

1.)I think Bruce did a PAK or/and double jut sao and then strike.

2.)Typical straight punches from JKD. Like chain punches but more extended.
    A

Just in the movies...

Not to rock your boat. Ok, yeah, I'll rock your boat...

Chuck would've seriously kicked Bruce's arse if it was a real fight.

Chuck did it for real, BL was just an actor. He was smart, had a lot of insight, but he was still just an actor.

Chuck fought real opponents and won. Read some of Chuck's books. Also read some of Joe Lewis's stuff. BL wouldn't spar the champs. His ego was too big. He was too fragile to face the fact that he was human after all. As a matter of fact, Joe will flat out say that trapping is silly and that Bruce was quickly coming to that conclusion, but he died...

Do you realy belive that???

Joe Lewis would not be half the fighter he was with out the Influence, of Bruce Lee. I've heard Joe Lewis say that. (Of course it was at the bar, and Joe was a little sauced.)

And if you believe trapping does not work, then WELL you just never met anyone who could trap.

If you are anywhere near Lavonia MI. Check out the Ambrose Academy of WingChunDo. They can trap!

SiBok Rocco is a second generation Bruce Lee student. And he can trap like no one else. Check out their web site.
    At http://www.ambroseacademy.com/main.htm

Thay are the original JKD.

Developed during Bruce Lee's fighting period.

YOU owe it to your self to check it out!!!
    C.A..G.

"Chuck would've seriously kicked Bruce's arse if it was a real fight. "

Guess few people heard about "the incident"...

okay - what incident?
    [i]Originally posted by [Censored]

And I would never ever train at any cult school with a "wall of shame".

chuck ver bruce lee

hi guys i can not belive someone would belive chuck norris would
    beat bruce in a streetfighti saw chuckin 19 79 do his tang so do
    at melbourne town hall the guy was ok not even close to being the best karate man he was a bit slowand winda up his kicks you
    can tell he when he will kick you and the onrthing evey body knows it was brucel ee hands speed that made him chuck is a slow karate man russell
    russellsherry

Funny. CHUCK NORRIS has a book out...Inner Secrets I believe the title is. And he often mentions about BRUCE LEE. One of the comments state that Bruce Lee was the first complete fighter within their crew( bob wallace, joe lewis etc... ). Talk to Joe, Chuck, and Mike Stone personally. They'll say that Bruce was more than just an actor. LOL. You don't go and train with an actor to get your GAME to a higher level. Bruce didn't begin his acting venture till the late 60's and early 70's. Before that he was alwayz training in STREET FIGHTING METHODOLOGY with guys like Wally Jay, Gene Lebell, Chuck Norris, Joe Lewis, Mike Stone, Jhoon Rhee, Ed Parker etc...
    You can also look up photos of Bruce eventually moving away from wing chun into full contact boxing/kickboxing sparring. Joe Lewis has stated that Bruce got him into WESTERN BOXING. One of the reasons peep say he was a good streetfighter was DECEPTION. At 5ft 7inches and 140lbs he was quite small...the only problem was he had KO power with his punches and kicks! So most bigger guys that step to him would lose due to the fact they expected so little and got TOO MUCH. Supposely before he died...witnesses said he sparred in and out ala Roy Jones. Bouncing in and bouncing out before u could hit him. ALI was one of his fav. fighter.
    A

Legend is correct.

As far as what incident, well if you read CAREFULLY between the lines of everything Chuck Norris has ever said about Bruce, you'll notice something. He tries to discredit him but winds up paying him complements. The incident is rumored to be their "clash" while filming the movie. Apparantly, things got heated at one point...

Prob. Bruce fault. Bruce wanted to play the small superman who can kill all. Hell Bob Wall wanted to slap the **** out of Bruce a few times...Bruce was one of those type of person that could edge you too much. If u step to him and he respected you then Bruce would back down especially if he's in the wrong.
    A

First off Bruce would have killed Chuck in a real fight and Chuck says this in a dedication site to Bruce that Chuck put together. He wasn't called the greatest martial artist ever because of his movies. Also trapping not effective...BS. If they aren't effective for you then maybe you were taught wrong or are doing them wrong.
    The technique that defeats you is anything except what you have trained for.

Don't make me call Bruce again...

Ryu

Legend, a lot of the "Bruce was just an actor!" stuff is just sour grapes. The guy made 4 full movies his entire life, and appeared on TV for a few seasons... the rest of his life was simply teaching martial arts and working out with other practitioners. Anyone who reads even a smidgeon of the stuff written about him knows that.
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

1) Bruce Lee applies the double arm block from Siu Lum Tao and Chum Kiu. Wing Chun system, classic application.

2) Hooks and straight punches (especially with shifting) are the province of Wing Chun (Siu Lum Tao, Mok Yan Jong sets). However Bruce Lee studied Western boxing in great detail.