Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Valentine's Day, Harlequin's Day

I guess I'm one of the cynics. Any day is a good day to do something nice for your significant other. I don't need a specific date for that. I feel the same way about pretty much every holiday. Historically, for me, they are pretty much a day off and an excuse to get my drink on.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    How romantic. Never mind that he left his 1st wife, Beijing Wushu teammate Huang Qiuyan, who he had two daughters with as well, for Nina.
    I don't know if Jet Li offering all of his assets means loyalty and commitment so much as a ploy to appeal to someone with a very superficial set of values. Meaning, she only went with him because he (most likely) had more money than the others. Odd that he would even find that appealing, much less romantic. Maybe it's a cultural thing? Oh, well. If that's what floats their boat, more power to 'em, I suppose.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 02-15-2014 at 05:23 PM.

I know, it's Friday the 13...a day early

But here's this - you know it's an indie martial arts vid when the NGs are as long as the video itself.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Happy VD!

INAPPROPRIATE AND JUST PLAIN WRONG VINTAGE VALENTINE’S DAY CARDS
    11:46 am

Topics:
    Amusing
    Current Events

Tags:
    cards
    Valentine's Day

An image paints a thousand words..or in this case just one…

It’s February. Time for the corporations to make some money selling Valentine’s Day cards and heart-shaped candy to lovers, couples, lonely-hearts and creeps for a made-up “holiday.”

Not that I’m cynical about these things. But to be frank, the only card I really want to see on the fourteenth of this month is your credit card so I can max it to the hilt.

Now, I know you’re gonna say Valentine’s Day is fun, Valentine’s Day is romantic, it gives lotsa lonely guys the chance to stalk women they don’t know yet. Maybe you’re right. Maybe it is all good. So if you do dig Valentine’s Day then you might appreciate these inappropriate vintage cards which look like the kind of thing nice weirdoes and freaks sent their loved ones in the past.

How did this even get published?

You know this guy’s a serial killer, right?

Cop with a gun card—what could go wrong?

Snow comment….

For the jealous stalker in your life.

My that’s one big canon you got there, sonny….

Ice maiden or corpse?

Serial killer.

Come again?
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Continued from previous post

Cannibal.

And again.

Roadkill or one for the J. G. Ballard fan.

Psycho.

This is how it starts. And it ends with ‘Put the lotion in the basket…’

For the animal lover in your life….

That was a gun in his pocket.

Bunny boiler.

Blackmail.

Back to the old masturbation for you….
    That first one is so Year of the Cock.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ninja valentines

Sort of on topic...

From a Ninja with love: Swarthmore College students deliver Valentines for charity
    Updated: FEBRUARY 13, 2018 — 10:18 AM EST

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/1200*800/dixon-375477-f-wp-content-uploads-2018-02-1026929_7dbdeeba008d930-e1518468534170-1200x801.jpg[/IMG]
    SUSAN SNYDER
    Ninja Valentine deliverers close in on a classroom at Swarthmore College.

by Susan Snyder, Staff Writer @ssnyderinq | ssnyder@phillynews.com

Who are those stealthily clad Ninjas creeping around one of the nation’s most prestigious college campuses?

Swarthmore College students, that’s who.

Their mission? Deliver Valentine’s cards, affectionately known as Ninja Grams, sent by Swarthmore students and staff to students and staff.

Their work comes with a price. Order just a card, it’s $3. Want to add a truffle? Add a dollar. Oh, and if you’d like your Ninja deliverers to faux fight, that will be another $3.

“There’s also a discount for bulk,” said Julia Morriss, 20, a chemistry and biology major, who was manning the “Ninja Central” desk on the 1,620-student campus in Delaware County last week.

It’s all for a good cause. This year, proceeds will be donated to Engineers Without Borders, which aids developing countries.

Ninja-grams have been delivered at least since 2010 when more than $1,000 was raised for Haiti Community Support after a devastating earthquake. Among other efforts supported in past years were Animal Coalition of Delaware County and Hurricane Katrina Relief.

Morris and her sidekick — who would identify herself only by the sign she carried, “Just a Potted Plant” — were among the Ninja deliverers sneaking around the campus on Friday in their black garb and balaclavas, toting colorful swords. They hand-carried red cards with a Ninja heart inked in black, burst into classrooms where heady subjects were being debated and delivered the goods to unsuspecting recipients.

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/600*450/dixon-375477-e-wp-content-uploads-2018-02-1026926_5e25f971b7a96ec.jpg[/IMG]
    SUSAN SNYDER
    Anonymous Ninja deliverer, “Just a Potted Plant.” awaits her next assignment at Ninja Central.

Sometimes they would prance and leap upon a fixture before laying down the card.

“We’re stealthy,” explained Morriss, who is from Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y. “Most people think it’s pretty fun. Most professors are pretty good about having us in there. We try not to be too disruptive, in and out in two minutes or less.”

A white board at Ninja Central noted classrooms where deliveries were not welcomed – Bio 2, French 14, Physics 4 and Econ 21 — largely because quizzes were scheduled, Morriss said. Academics still trump sweet nothings on a campus where only 10 percent of applicants are admitted.

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/1200*900/dixon-375477-e-wp-content-uploads-2018-02-1026930_279a204b054de84.jpg[/IMG]
    SUSAN SNYDER
    Ninjas present a card in an Arabic class.

Ziv Stern, 20, a sop****re linguistics major from the Bronx, who was helping at Ninja Central, said students send the cards to friends or someone they want to embarrass a little bit.

“I sent one to my roommate. She sent one to me,” Morriss said.

In a class on Arabic, recipient Coleman Powell, 20, a sop****re from Lowell, KY., smiled.

“It’s very heartfelt,” Powell said.

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/1200*900/dixon-375477-e-wp-content-uploads-2018-02-1026932_11cbaf248ab1159.jpg[/IMG]
    SUSAN SNYDER
    Student Coleman Powell receives “heartfelt” card in a class on Arabic.

In another class, the female recipient looked less than pleased.

“Some people think we’re kind of annoying,” Morriss acknowledged.

Deliveries concluded on Friday; no more Ninjas on campus until next year.
    Thread: Valentine's Day, Harlequin's Day
    Thread: Ninjas!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

PRC outspent me this year.

As for the pix in the post above, **** ninjas, always hiding.

Mainland Chinese biggest Valentine’s Day spenders in Asia-Pacific, survey finds, as Hong Kong takes third
    Averaging US$231, consumers in world’s most populous country followed by residents of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 14 February, 2018, 7:04am
    UPDATED : Wednesday, 14 February, 2018, 8:08am
    Cannix Yau

Mainland Chinese people were found to be the most generous lovers in Asia-Pacific during Valentine’s Day as a poll showed they were ready to spend about HK$2,140 (US$274) on average for the romantic holiday.

The study by financial services firm Mastercard involved 9,141 respondents in 18 Asia-Pacific markets last October, and showed Hongkongers not far behind in third, with planned spending of HK$1,800 (US$231) to shower their beloved with presents.

China topped the chart, followed by people in Taiwan, who were prepared to spend US$245. Singapore followed Hong Kong in fourth place, with planned spending of US$180. Thailand took fifth at US$145.

Hongkongers came third in the survey of Asia-Pacific markets. Photo: China News Service

In Hong Kong, 64 per cent of those surveyed chose to dine out to celebrate the occasion, while a quarter chose to spend the romantic day at home. About 12 per cent said they wanted to go out for entertainment, such as to watch a movie or theatre performance.

The top Valentine’s gift choice for Hong Kong men was flowers (34 per cent), trailed by jewellery (32 per cent). Clothes and leather goods came a distant third (16 per cent).

For female Hongkongers, clothes and leather goods were their most popular selection as gifts (41 per cent), followed by high-end gadgets (28 per cent) and chocolates and candy (11 per cent).

Almost half of Hong Kong respondents, 48 per cent, believed that Valentine’s Day was the best day to propose marriage or receive such an offer.

Separately, another survey by the company called the Mastercard Love Index based on shopper behaviour over the past three Valentine’s Day periods (February 11 to 14, 2015 to 2017) in more than 200 territories around the globe showed Hongkongers’ spending climbed by 9 per cent since 2015, with the overall number of transactions up by 33 per cent.

The most popular choice of flowers is still red roses
    JUSTIN CHUNG, FLOWER SHOP OWNER
    While Hong Kong consumers’ share of spending on restaurants and hotels remained stable over the past three years – accounting for 46 per cent and 18 per cent respectively last year – the number of transactions for travel soared by 179 per cent last year. That accounted for 16 per cent of total spending during the Valentine’s Day period.

The study showed the number of e-commerce transactions also surged: 97 per cent from 2015 to 2017. However, 90 per cent of transactions around Valentine’s Day last year were still made in person. Only 5 per cent of gifts were bought online.

In terms of gift spending, the amount paid out on flowers last year increased by 17 per cent compared with 2015. Jewellery, however, saw a 24 per cent decline.

Justin Chung, owner of Gift Flowers HK in Causeway Bay, said the number of orders for Valentine’s flowers had risen by 20 per cent this year compared with last year.

Chung counted nearly 500 deliveries as some flower markets in Kowloon were focused on their supply for Lunar New Year, which begins on Friday.

“Last Wednesday we already sold out all our supplies and stopped receiving orders,” he said. “The most popular choice of flowers is still red roses. The HK$1,099 bouquet (US$140) featuring about 18 roses is the favourite pick.”
    $140 for 18 roses?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

goop ********

'goop ********' just doesn't sound right...

OMG
    Gwyneth Paltrow Jokes About Passing ‘the Time’ in Quarantine by Creating Goop ********, Teases It’s ‘All the Buzz’

By Johnni Macke February 15, 2021

Good vibrations! Gwyneth Paltrow joked about why she created the Goop ******** this year, before poking fun at herself in the name of product promotion.

Goop launched its first ******** on Sunday, February 14, and Paltrow, 48, had a lot to say about the sexy item. After poet Cleo Wade called the actress an “icon” for spending the coronavirus quarantine “creating her own ********,” Paltrow replied via her Instagram Story, writing, “Had to pass the time, you know?”

The Shakespeare in Love actress also jokingly posted a photo of herself from the 1999 Academy Awards, replacing her Oscar with the ********. “Beat you to it … I know how to meme too, guys,” Paltrow captioned the photo on Valentine’s Day. “Head to @goop to see what all the buzz is about.”

[IMG]https://www.usmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Gwyneth-Paltrow-Creates-Goop-********-Had-to-Pass-the-Time-in-Quarantine.jpg[/IMG]
    Gwyneth Paltrow ETIENNE LAURENT/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

“Omg ��,” Wade, 31, commented on the snap. Drew Barrymore added, “Oh my god I love you.”

Fashion editor Elizabeth Saltzman reacted to the photoshopped image, writing, “Good vibrations!!!❤️❤️❤️ or should I say GOOP VIBRATIONS ������.”

Goop’s announcement of the product included an equally cheeky caption. “We’ve tested a lot of ********s over the years — a job we take seriously, knowing that great ********s lead to great orgasms. Basically, it’s a pleasure,” the company wrote via Instagram. “We’re excited to formally introduce you to our Double-Sided Wand ********.”

According to the website, the sex toy features eight pulsating patterns on both sides of the wand and costs $95.

“Every detail is deliberate and precise, but we’d be lying if we said that using the ******** gives us the sensation we thought it would,” the description reads. “The truth is: It still shocks us. It packs way more power and delivers deeper pleasure than anything we’ve tried before. Although we may have dabbled in hyperbole once or twice, after you give this ******** a whirl, you may accuse us of understatement.”

Paltrow has a history of creating controversial products for Goop, including the This Smells Like My Vagina and This Smells Like My Orgasm candles.

The Iron Man actress, who previously revealed that the candles started as a “joke,” told Us Weekly about the real reason behind her headline-catching scents in September 2020.

“You grew up getting messaging around the feminine care that was heavily scented with synthetic fragrances and all this kind of thing,” Paltrow exclusively told Us. “I just felt it was time to make a bit of a feminist statement around accepting who we are and our femininity. I feel like once people get past the initial shock of it, and you really start to unpack what it means and what it’s saying, it’s pretty cool.”
    Oh WTH?! Our forum censors vibrat0r? Cancel culture at work again!

threads
    Gwyneth-amp-Goop
    Valentine-s-Day-Harlequin-s-Day
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips