Thread: explosive power

Question explosive power

Hellow All
    I would like to know what ways there are to train explosive power. Particularly with dumbells and calastetics, due to lack of acess to more elaborate equipment. Best wishes for health and serenity

Ploymetrics are the best way to train explosive power. They require no extra equipment and can be done almost any where.

Search this page and check out the strength training links that people have posted. There are tons of cool stuff for you to do. The one's that I saw posted here recently that have the best info in my opinion for what you're describing are: Body by Fish, and Farmer Burns. I forgot who originally posted the links, but they are awesome! Thanks guys.

should say 'search this forum'--

Originally posted by Mr. Bao
    In the other post (single squat post) which El Pietro said muscular strength his muscular strength. I disagree and this post has some connection to this topic.
    Please don't make references to comments I make that you failed to understand what I meant please.
    Last edited by ElPietro; 02-12-2003 at 10:17 AM.

What I mean by "muscular strength is muscular strength" is that the stress applied to muscle cells, note I am not speaking of the CNS here, doesn't matter. Speaking on the cellular level, so actin and myosin filaments and all the other great stuff, have no clue where the stress is coming from. A muscle will contract or expand, that's about it. How multiple muscles interact is a result of the CNS firing at different speeds and areas throughout your body, which results in an action performed. But if you examined one specific muscle cell, it is not reacting any differently no matter what training method you employ. The only difference really could be it's propensity towards glucolytic energy use versus oxidative, which then ties in to strength versus endurance.

I don't mind if you disagree with me, just that if you misunderstood what I meant that's fine, but no need to carry it into other threads, otherwise I need to go through all your posts all the time to make sure i'm not misquoted, or some point of mine isn't misrepresented, which gives others a false impression of what I'm saying.

I wasn't taking it as bad mouthing or an insult, so hopefully I didn't give that impression.

Breaking walls with EXPLODING PUNCH | Science Experiment ( Explosion)

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

WTF ???
    Gene finds the craziest stuff, LOL
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Strength training will do. To quote the words of actor Donny Yen, the move in strength training exercise should be fast (of course less fast than making a punch) to be good. Another way that I have off my head is doing the moves in the athletics you are training. For example, striking a bag will help to us to develop explosive power, sure and also other correct technicalites of the move.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong