Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kungfumagazine.com & russbo.com

Originally posted by jun_erh
    another thing that makes vegas a good fit for shaolin is ther are a ton of asian people there. Asian people like to gamble like irish like to drink
    hey, us Irish like to eat too

I live in scranton, pa. Back in the mining days, the Irish were the only ones that could read and write english of the immigrants, and were highly valued then. Downtown Scranton is Irish, yet there are many Italians too. Good food here
    My school: http://pailumwarrior.com/

Re: There are Asians everywhere...

Originally posted by GeneChing
    I remember when I told a buddy that there was a McDonalds near Tiananmen - he started jumping up and down shouting "We've won! We've won!" I asked him how many Chinese restaurents there are in the US and he shut up.

There is the notion of sacred poverty and non-materialism in Christianity too. Take Saint Francis of Assisi. For that matter, Jesus was poor. But the whole church and state thing is sideways in America, probably the product of this strange experiment in democracy. With so much religious diversity, it makes it delicate and for all the wrong reasons. I love America personally, especially what our founding fathers set out to do. But it has it's problems, especially now.

Monks in China take the name "shi" because they leave their family, and leave their old name behind. A basic tenet of Buddhist monks is that they are not supposed to be homeowners - the case of Shaolin is particularly tricky since Shaolin has owned land since the Tang, by imperial decree no less. As pop buddhism rises, we tend to forget that the root of Buddhism was strictly a discipline for monks - it only openned to lay practitioners later.
    I agree that the true meaning of Christianity has been lost. It is not a group of rules to be followed, and the act of transcendense (sp?) has been lost.

Bohidarma intended Buddism teachings to be only for monks? Why would he want enlightenment only for a few sects of people?

I like being an American, but so many things are wrong. World, we are not all selfish ignorant fat bigs.
    My school: http://pailumwarrior.com/

I'm sure all the marxist dictators and crooks at the UN appreciate that
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

unixfudotnet

Bohidarma intended Buddism teachings to be only for monks?
    Bodhidharma didn't found Buddhism, he founded Zen. Buddha founded Buddhism and he actually didn't beleive that women could be part of the sangha originally. They say there's no such thing as a stupid question, but I'd argue that there is such a thing as a wasted question. Perhaps you might do a little research on Buddhism before continuing along this line of inquiry.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well this thread ended on a sour note...

Sorry unixfudotnet, I didn't mean to come off so harsh. It must have been a stressed out day for me.

Anyway, to bring this thread back OT, I'm just about to leave for Vegas for the Gala Premiere of KA. Ot course, I'll be visiting my disciple bro Rich. He's just about to leave to Thailand so it'll be a really quick trip. And I'll be back here in the office by tomorrow too. Less than 24 hours in Vegas - fear and loathing, fear and loathing - just enough time to hit the MEGABUCKS.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Good luck Gene...

Bet 10 on red for me... Oh, and appologize to doc for booting blooming loonie.. now she posts on his board.. lol.

In Cheri's xanga blog she was talking about the opening... should be great.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    Good luck Gene...

Bet 10 on red for me... Oh, and appologize to doc for booting blooming loonie.. now she posts on his board.. lol.

In Cheri's xanga blog she was talking about the opening... should be great.
    got link to xanga?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

u guys are stalkers

Megabucks was at 9 mil last I saw.

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    u guys are stalkers
    why 'cause I'm interested in a cma person that is applying their knowledge in a show?

Yeah I am....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    why 'cause I'm interested in a cma person that is applying their knowledge in a show?

Yeah I am....
    wheres the linkage?
    and yeah SC i will give you the link when i get it
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

thanks, you know I really appreciate that kind of thing.

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    thanks, you know I really appreciate that kind of thing.
    aww your welcome.

i just have to wait for the link from NP

practice wu de

i'm not creap. ask my gf.