Thread: stretching and training

stretching and training

i would like to know when do the differents kind of stretching(dynamic, static, isometric, etc ) in my training ; and in the morning.

Warm up
    dynamic
    exercise
    static
    I am nothing.

I agree.

But, it also depends on comfort level. Some people like to do light static stretching after warm up and then do dynamic stretching before the work out and static stretching after.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Wink

I agree that dynamic and ballistic stretching before a workout and static after have provided me with the best results I've ever got. However i feel if there is no work out, maybe due to time, loosening up joins then static, thats what I do in the morning and it seems to work well

"I have learned through bitter experiance the one supreme lesson to concerve my anger, and as heat conserved is transmitted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into power that can move the world" Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.enteract.com/%7Ebradapp/d...g_5.html#SEC39

He suggests you do it like this:

Warm up:

Joint rotations
    Cardio
    Static stretching
    Dynamic stretching
    Sport specific activity

:Work out:

Cool down:

Sport specific activity
    Dynamic stretching
    Static stretching

He also suggests you kind of warm up every morning. It's supposed to increase your flexibility during the day. The warm up should be like I described before, but you can leave out the sport specific activity.

Anyway. Check out the link. It's an amazing source of information about flexibility and functioning of muscles in general.

premier