Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the WAR ON TERROR... got Old

like i stated above euler, i'm not about the political arguments. just stating my opinion

Rick,
    Good luck to you.

eWallace,
    That there is no 'typical liberal tactic' any more than there is a 'typical conservative tactic'. If people begin to act typically, it's just their own uninspired thinking. Of course, I don't genuinely think you were getting at an answer. Pardon me for caring what my country does.

Originally posted by ricksitterly
    like i stated above euler, i'm not about the political arguments. just stating my opinion
    ricksitterly, I was being ironical.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Pardon me for caring what my country does.
    That's it. Get your ass to the tanning salon now. That lack of sunlight thing is getting to you.

Don't ever take that tone with me again KC, you silly, silly liberal.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I think I hit a nerve here! My day is now complete.

How many times do you guys want to recycle the same old threads? And wht is your point? I think, judging by the vitriol in your responses, that my assesment was pretty close to the mark.

Which tone, eWallace?

dnc, if you are correct, then point out where I walked away from the discussion in another thread, which was your point.

The point was, I did not. And I feel I've made valid points. My viewpoint is not all that different than Merry's, but because of my politics, I must be subjected to being said to have 'twisted logic' and 'typical liberal tactics'. Utterly childish.

EDIT: in all fairness, I recognize that sometimes you might be subjected to the same from my camp. I do not support them for the same reason I do not support what you are saying.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 02-13-2003 at 01:07 PM.

Don't change the subject KC. Typical liberal tactic.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

More typical liberal tactics

“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
    - Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal following World War Two

Originally posted by dnc101
    I think I hit a nerve here! My day is now complete.

How many times do you guys want to recycle the same old threads? And wht is your point? I think, judging by the vitriol in your responses, that my assesment was pretty close to the mark.
    And what they respond to? What about that? No vitriol in that post?

'twistrd logic is exposed for a sham'
    'repeating the same old idiocy'

I think you can point that finger up your @ss.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

I think you can point that finger up your @ss.
    Won't he poke himself in the eye?

"ricksitterly, I was being ironical.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal." ~eulerfan

o i definetly noticed that euler, im not accusing u of anything. just making sure u read what i wrote above ur reply i dont even know what a liberal IS!!

cant some of u guys maybe discuss the war in a more down to earth fashion - meaning how it relates to your every day life - without suddenly transforming from a (alleged) martial artist to someone who acts as if they've spent their whole life actively involved in politics? honestly its too much political jargan for my simple mind to grasp

maybe u guys can fit some time into ur busy schedule as a computer nerd/ politician/ critic to do some training )) by the way... does anyone WORK around here?
    Last edited by ricksitterly; 02-13-2003 at 01:41 PM.

maybe u guys can fit some time into ur busy schedule as a computer nerd/ politician/ critic to do some training )) by the way... does anyone WORK around here?
    Yes, I do work. And it's also called Windows, with heavy emphasis on the "s".

"maybe u guys can fit some time into ur busy schedule as a computer nerd/ politician/ critic to do some training )) by the way... does anyone WORK around here?"

anyone else here spot the irony?

Just a quick check. Still touchy, I see.

Where, you ask. Here. You came to restart the same old arguments that were answered elsewhere.