Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Because You Demanded It: Find the Application (vol1)

Could be anything you want it to be
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

for the people who say throw - which throw? I can see it as koshi guruma/neck surround. I can also see it as an o uchi gari and possibly hiza guruma/de ashi barai.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I can also see it as a set up for puter kapala
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Braden Guest
    Everything in bagua is a setup for puter kepala.

Elbow-palm combination is just faster.

Braden Guest
    Er... unless you meant from the inside... I usually default to thinking puter kepala as done from the outside, but I guess most people do the opposite.

I've mostly been talking about using that posture from the outside. Except for the locking app... But that posture can also be used for opening up the guy and taking the inside, sticking/leading/pressing the inside of his arm with your raised/right arm to open him up, while the lower/left palm strikes as you enter, or deals (or is dealt with) by his other hand. Then from this inside position, you could close all the way and do splitting/angling throw like tenchinage. Or you could wrap your upper/right hand around the back of his head to clinch, or do the same and press his arm with your lower/left palm to do a puter kepala from the inside. Or if you're handy with some of the spirally, weighted turns in bagua, you could turn ccw (looking down) on the front/weighted foot, arcing the right/upper palm to do a palm-elbow combination from behind-to-front on the side of his head (eg. mastoid), which you could follow up by "unwinding" the arm and posture (just reversing the movement you just did) but catching his face with your right palm as it unwinds, and sinking your posture to "make him bridge" backwards, with your front/weighted leg and hip nestled against his to take his base, and other arm messing with the posture from an arm control.

Dunno if any of that was follow-able.

Braden Guest
    BTW, I'm really glad we're getting a good cross-section of folk replying.

Bagua, it seems to me, is simply about extending your arms, moving your body, and having it do something useful and skillfull.

It's a format well suited to a variety of interpretations.

The posture we're commenting on is from a form of Jiang Rong Qiao. Jiang's style is part of the big family of Cheng style baguazhang, the founder of which (Cheng Ting Hua) was a famous and dedicated wrestler. So takedown interpretations of his methods are surely reasonable!

In case anyone is interested, and didn't try to find it allready, the complete page that pic is from is: http://www.thewushucentre.ca/jiangrongqiao.htm

The blacktaoist also has an article on this form at his site: http://www.blacktaoist.com/Original%...0Ba%20Gua.html and uses a version of the fierce tiger posture in one of his applications: http://www.blacktaoist.com/graphics/...ellDonald.html

Yes, I am just plugging some excellent sites on the art.

I am the greatest. I have a big d!ck. I would like to fight each of you pathetic kung fu wanna be computer nerds. If by any small chance one of you would like to fight me I would be happy to introduce you to my ten inches of dangeling fury, after i'm done kicking your fragile unconditioned @sses I will then proceed fu(king them. I usually don't have time to post on this forum, I'm usually training to hard to waste my precious time telling pu55ies what their doing wrong.

If you would like to fight me then you must:
    1) come to where I live (we can spar/fight in G.D.A.'s training room. I would go to where you all live, but since my time is obviously more valuable than yours, this will be better for me.)
    2)When you lose I reserve the right to pummel your loose flabby computer nerd @sses.
    3) After your fated defeat I will then answer all your questions(if you live)
    4) Finally in order for you to fight you must sign a waiver stating that you know your life is at great risk.

Ihave challenged all to show you why I am................
    The unbeatable Felonious Monk

Thumbs up

I was talking about puter kapala from the outside. The rest was indeed barely followbale, but probably due to my own tiredness...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Depending on the entry, the lower hand could also be to controll an elbow. As a striking technique, once thew elbow is controlled, the head is open. If the prctitioner has had sufficient Iron hand/ especially the fingers, it could be a jabbing spear hand into the soft spot just under the jaw joint to stun, followed by a throw forward face first into the concrete (depending on the attackers foot position of course)
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Thumbs up

thats kinda what i said RD, a wing chun 'pak sau' to control the elbow/arm and a palm or chop to the side of the jaw/neck as you step in

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.