Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DareDevil

DareDevil

Took the kids to see DD last night. I loved it but wish I left the kids at home. Dark, violent and wonderful.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Really? The critics trashed it. I don't like Ben Affleck anyway, ever since "Chasing Amy" which has to be the worst example of a man with no pride losing it over a lesbian I have ever seen.
    He does have a hot girlfriend, though.

dogma was a much better movie. cause angels slaughtering the innocent is cool.
    where's my beer?

*blech at the acting and Affleck playing a superhero*

"Face it. People are fukked. Why would you want a career helping anyone? Go find a mountain and farm sheep for a living." - Serpent on Personal Training

"Its a cool show, but I think this young super man is a very stupid mother ****er." - yenhoi on Smallville

"They could have had the tagline "Watch Joe Millionaire. More stuff will happen," and they'd have been there." - eulerfan on TV watching Americans

"Anyway, I used to pick girls up all the time in the gym when I was in college. We'd hang out until the aerobics classes ended, and then swoop in while all their endorphins were still pumping.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel." - ghthomason on dating

"I would say that there is a greater chance of a paper dog catching and asbestos cat in hell, while in the lost city of Atlantis, Elvis and Ghengis Khan are using butterfly nets to catch the opera-singing monkeys flying out of my butt, but that implies there's still a chance." - Starboy on optimism

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    dogma was a much better movie. cause angels slaughtering the innocent is cool.
    Though seeing Ben Affleck's head explode and chest cave in was pretty cool.

Originally posted by fa_jing
    Really? The critics trashed it. I don't like Ben Affleck anyway, ever since "Chasing Amy" which has to be the worst example of a man with no pride losing it over a lesbian I have ever seen.
    He does have a hot girlfriend, though.
    Oh he finally broke up with that ugly **** Jennifer Lopez?
    I have a signature.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    People, and their shortcommings, even a grudge from pased talkies...But nary a comment on the story.~ (except first comment really liked but not for the young children)~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

I haven't seen it. But from the previews, it looks like pure ass to me. I doubt I'll ever rent it, but I might not turn the channel in 10 years when it shows on cinemundo on a saturday afternoon. On the other hand, I probably will.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

The only thing I wish to see Affleck in is an orange jumpsuit and leg irons.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Rogue,

I thought is was excellent, it had a r-rating twice in a row before they cut it down to a pg-13 and even that was just a tad away, IMHO its the way superhero movies should be, the darker the better.

The action was first class, the suit looked good, the characters were more together, and it was not trashed by everybody at all, siskel and ebert both gave it two thumbs, as well as the Chicago Tribune.
    Regards

Siskel gave it a tumbs up? These are truly the end times!

(Siskel died a couple of years ago, and was replaced by the biggest idiot I've ever seen on TV that wasn't referred to as "Mr. President.")
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Sorry, not siskel the guy who replaced the dead bloke.
    Regards

I've been a DD fan since I was a kid and I thought they stayed as true to the books as possible. Kingpin was dead on except for skin pigment, Bullseye was better without the silly blue suite and Affleck was perfect as Matt Murdock. I loved all the battle damage they showed that he had taken. It was what the Batman movies should have been.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Ah, I'm just crackin' yer nuts, Jack. Still, I hate that Roeper hosebag - you know he panned both LotR movies, right?
    Crippled Avenger

Heh. Thought this was a thread about me and not about the comic superhero portrayed by Ben Who?leck.

"Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

Speaking of Batman, I heard the director from Requiem for a Dream was approached to do a Batman movie, based off of the Year One comics that came out quite a while back.