Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DareDevil

*sigh*, I hate how everyone says "She died."

SHE DID NOT DIE.

Remember when he meets her, he asks about her necklace and she says its a good luck charm and he asks if they make them in brail. At the end of the movie, he finds a necklace at his favorite spot on the building, written in BRAIL. She lived. Not to mention they are talking about making a spin off movie starring her.
    I have a signature.

I can't accept that this movie is popular. It's one of the biggest pieces of trash that I've payed $8.50 to see.

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    *sigh*, I hate how everyone says "She died."

SHE DID NOT DIE.

Remember when he meets her, he asks about her necklace and she says its a good luck charm and he asks if they make them in brail. At the end of the movie, he finds a necklace at his favorite spot on the building, written in BRAIL. She lived. Not to mention they are talking about making a spin off movie starring her.
    Oh yea i forgot about the necklace!!!
    And kung fu guy you got ripped off!!!!!
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

well... she could've hung that necklace up in that spot at any time before her "death" ... beside how are they going to resurect her as an undead Ninja assassin if she wasn't killed?

you'know there's another thread about this floating 'round somewhere...

why DD suck ass?

why did they do it? why? They forgot a key part of the story mainly DD mentor and martial arts teacher "Stick" the guy who tought him how to use the cane and flipping around and all the other ninja stuff without him the story or rather the parts when he's jumping from buildings make no sence!!!!!

Yea i was wonderin how the hell he could do all that MA stuff.....
    They didn't say he was trained in the movie.. and when he fights the girl(forgot her name) he uses all these moves... pretty crazy.........
    Last edited by Surferdude; 03-04-2003 at 01:22 PM.
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

Originally posted by Design Sifu
    well... she could've hung that necklace up in that spot at any time before her "death" ... beside how are they going to resurect her as an undead Ninja assassin if she wasn't killed?

you'know there's another thread about this floating 'round somewhere...
    Well, it would had to of been done pretty fast tossing that necklace there, considering when he told her, that night he boinked her, then the next night she was "killed" by Bullseye. And we know how fast women are at shopping.
    I have a signature.

After they initially ... "boinked" there was some down time where he & foggy hung out & then he recieved an invite via mail.

You've got to consider that even if she got up the next day & had that invite made up and mailed out there's at least one day inbetween. mail takes what 3 days to deliver? I figured there was about a week between their first meeting and her death... but that's me.

I like that it's left uncertain weither she lives or died.

Consider also that in the Comic "stick" was introduced well into the comic run. Before that, it was explained that he trained on his own and his supersences enabled him to develop advanced fighting abilities, as was indicated durring his "growing-up" sequence.

If they added stick that would have been a whole other charactor to introduce, better to introduce him in contrast to the HAND as was done in the comic.

Originally posted by Design Sifu
    Consider also that in the Comic "stick" was introduced well into the comic run. Before that, it was explained that he trained on his own and his supersences enabled him to develop advanced fighting abilities, as was indicated durring his "growing-up" sequence.

If they added stick that would have been a whole other charactor to introduce, better to introduce him in contrast to the HAND as was done in the comic.
    I haven't seen it yet... have to wait for two more weeks here.

But I have suspicions about Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock. Ben is cool or at least believes himself to be, whereas Matt isn't; not in the traditional sense anyway. He's just a man, filled with doubts and fears, and superheroes aren't supposed to be just men. James Spader (few years younger) - much better choice...
    Jennifer Garner on the other hand... oh la la.

My fellow comic conaisseur Design Sifu is right about Stick. Too much work for just one movie. Still... it would've been nice, seeing him and his disciples Stone, Star, Wing and all the others. Maybe in the sequel...
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

The movie as is was almost 2 hours in length, so if they introduced Stick it would of been way longer more than likely. Or they could of done it like in the Spider-Man TV show:

Matt has his super senses but doesn't know how to use them and almost gets run over (again) by a truck until Stick saves him. Cut to about 5 minutes of showing Matt and Stick training showing him how to fight, boom Stick is in the movie.
    I have a signature.

*Major Spoiler*

Actually Elecktra did die, according to the DD comics he tells to a friend how the woman he loved died bleeding to his arms when Bullseye killed her. The necklace was there because she A) either left it there or B) we'll see in the directors cut how she'll return to the roof to leave it there.

Also the Elecktra movie spin off that is in production is going to take place before the real events of DD or during the same time. Either way, we'll probably see in that how she learned all the martial art moves in her early adulthood.

Bullseye on the other hand didn't die, if you waited in the theaters so that the first part of the credits end, you'll see a final scene in which Bullseye is in a total body cast in a guarded hospital wing and how a bothering fly meets it's doom when bullseye gets his hand on a syring.

Personally I thought that Daredevil was a very good adaptation of a very good comic and that it beat last summers Spiderman silly. When the movie got darker and the themes more adult like (Spider man was a childrens movie no matter how you look at it) the movie got better. I thought that the best part in the movie was when bullseye throws electras dagger back at her and just when you think that she's going to catch it, it pierces her hand. It comes to the viewer totally unexpecetetly and really makes and impact.

Hopefully the sequel to Daredevil will be as good. I think that Ben Affleck is excellent as DD.
    What's a posse?

The first official images of the NETFLIX Dardevil has his looking like a ninja! sort of.
    Name:  800.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  92.9 KB
    Name:  800.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  31.4 KB

Also it turns out Rosario Dawson will not be playing Elektra. But she might play Night Nurse!

Ttt

what he said.

Coming to Netflix in May 2015

'Daredevil': Exclusive new photos from Marvel series
    By James Hibberd on Dec 19, 2014 at 3:31PM @james_hibberd

Netflix’s Daredevil is “the exact opposite” of Affleck’s much-maligned 2003 bomb, promises showrunner Steven S. DeKnight. Expect the classic origin story to remain unchanged: Blinded as a child, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) is a lawyer by day who hunts criminals by night (he apparently doesn’t get much sleep). But this upcoming iteration of Daredevil—the first of Netflix’s multi-show deal with Marvel, which also includes adaptations A.K.A. Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage—is more influenced by 1970s mean-street films like The French Connection and Taxi Driver than traditional superhero titles.

“There aren’t going to be people flying through the sky; there are no magic hammers,” says Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb. “We’ve always approached this as a crime drama first, superhero show second.” There’s also more grown-up content here. “It’s a little grittier and edgier than Marvel has gone before,” says DeKnight, best known for the ultra-hardcore Starz series Spartacus, adding, “but we’re not looking to push it to extreme violence or gratuitous nudity.”

The ‘devil will eventually get his iconic red costume, but first he’ll wear the black duds seen here—inspired by Frank Miller’s graphic novel Daredevil: Man Without Fear. For Cox, the biggest challenge was deftly navigating Murdock without using his eyes. Simple things like making breakfast or getting dressed suddenly become trickier than fighting bad guys. “Like, I put on a shirt but I can’t look where the buttons are, because Daredevil wouldn’t know where the buttons are. But I also can’t fumble,” Cox says. No pressure, but another thing you’re not allowed to fumble: Marvel’s winning streak.

Not pushing the "extreme violence or gratuitous nudity"? What's the point of that?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

wee zipper

In the TMI category...
    NEWS/ Daredevil Scoop: Superhero Suit Secrets Revealed!
    by MARC MALKIN Mon., Jan. 26, 2015 7:00 PM PST

Charlie Cox, SAG Awards
    Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Get out the Vaseline!
    Sounds like Charlie Cox needs plenty of it to squeeze into the superhero suit for his starring role in Netflix's upcoming much-anticipated Daredevil series.
    "It's pretty tight, I'm not going to lie," the Brit actor told me yesterday at the SAG Awards. "They've done such a great job. I can't wait for fans to really see it. But put it this way, there is no world where you change in a phone box. It takes four people and about 45 minutes."
    A very dark photo of Cox as the crimefighter was released in October.
    Thankfully, things don't get too complicated when nature calls.
    "They're very clever about it," said Cox, who plays Jane Hawking's second husband Jonathan Jones in The Theory of Everything. "You get three zippers. You zip them all up, but when you have to wee, you just have to zip one down—the wee zipper."

Charlie Cox
    Splash News

The big question is if he's going commando in the suit. Cox smiled—a very big smile, mind you—and teased, "That is the big question."
    We first got a glimpse of Cox shooting the show as Matt Murdock, Daredevil's blind lawyer alter-ego, in August while filming in New York City.
    Alas, he was in an appropriate courtroom business suit and not his Daredevil costume.
    Cox headlines the new 13-episode Daredevil series that is the first of several planned Netflix shows based on characters from the Marvel comics universe.
    Other planned shows include series built around Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and a team-up series, The Defenders. Daredevil is the first to launch in 2015.
    The cast also includes Rosario Dawson, True Blood alum Deborah Ann Woll and Vincent D'Onofrio.
    Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner costarred in a Daredevil feature film in 2003. Two years later, Garner headlined a sequel, Elektra.
    I think this drops on APR 10, 2015.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart