Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: protein

Iron Fist,

Leave Ming alone about her small amount of protein intake? If eating that much of protein is enough for her so be it. There is no magic number for anyone and maybe a total of 20 grams is just right for her. I am doubtful about that but I will give MIng the benefit of the doubt tho. I average about 100-160 grams of protein per day, 50-80 grams at dinner and 30-50 grams of whey before and after my workout. This works for me, but i wouldn't tell other people to follow my example completely.

Cheers.

Protein is good especially porter house steaks.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

The standard advice I have heard and read many times from many bodybuilding experts is 1 gram of protein a day per pound of bodyweight. So if you weigh 150 lbs. consume 150 grams of protein a day. This works well for me but you should experiment and find what works for you.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

I weigh between 135-140, I'm 5'8". The 65-70 g of protein a day is my minimum, not my maximum. I'm strong, I have plenty of endurance and tons of energy.

This amount works for me. I'll continue to ramp up my intake as I increase my workouts.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Mr. Bao:
    Out of curiosity why do you take whey protien before your workout and how long before?

I always take it after my workouts and tried to workout on an empty stomach to optimze fat burning. I just read some where about taking it before a workout and after, but I was wondering your reason behind it.

thanks

Originally posted by Mr. Bao
    Iron Fist,

Leave Ming alone about her small amount of protein intake?
    Whoa, chill out, tough guy. Did I say anything mean to her? I just said that doesn't seem like much and that many people would consider a chicken breast a meal, and it has 30g or so of protein so maybe she was getting more than she thought without knowing it.

I said:
    Are you serious? 10-12g in one sitting? A chicken breast is like 30g... which is fine, btw. A lot of people aim for at least 30g per sitting, with 5-6 meals per day.

See? I was just presenting other information.

IronFist
    Last edited by IronFist; 02-18-2003 at 04:08 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I am sorry iron fist, I am no tough guy. I am a ***** willow at heart.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

Right now I'm in the middle of the second week of a two week break from the gym. Pretty soon after it started, I found I had no craving for protein anymore. I've been eating vegetarian the whole time, at first by coincedence and now by choice.

Once I get back in the lifting groove, I will see if I start seeking the fish, eggs, dairy, and legumes in mass quantities as usual.

I certainly didn't take any offense at anything. Iron Fist is right anyway, I eat less than most folks.

Apparently chivalry isn't dead, just occasionally misplaced.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com