Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which Southern style do you know have ever beaten Northern style?

neptunesfall Guest

north vs south

who cares? i mean really? good kung fu is good kung fu. northern strikes will smash through just about any defense. south hand work will tangle just about anyone up for a throw.
    General Ch'ang Tung-Sheng won the Chinese National Koushu two times in his life - 19 yrs old and at 45 (i think). he trained in many styles of kung fu. when it comes to MA...it's the fight in the fighter....not always the way he fights.
    you could have the most precise techniques in the world, but if i don't give up and keep coming at you no matter what, who will win? the man who is tougher or the man who has prettier techniques?
    stop trying to see who can **** the furthest and go train.

Royal Dragon Guest

I got a better Idea!!!!

Hello,
    I study Tai Tzu Quan. The system is one of the original Northern Long Fist styles. But, guess what? The family that developed it also developed a SOUTHERn division!!! Why, because the Northern system had some holes to fill. Now, if you put the two together, add some Shui Chaio and Taji Quan, your going to be hard pressed to find a tougher fighter. Why you ask? because now you have some one who is skilled in ALL ranges. If the fight starts long range, our guy knows what to do, when it gets close up, he's covered there as well, the attacker wants to grappel? NO PROBLEM!!

My point here is this, stop arguing which is best, just cross train in both Northern AND Southern and be fully prepared, 'cause that's the guy thats going to be the hardest to beat.

If you study North Mantis, cross train in Southern Mantis If you do Wing Chun, cross train in one of the many Northern Long Fist styles.

Simple

end of argument

Royal Dragon

DarthSnoopy Guest

Choy Li Fut

... hehe, well, at least w/ this style, some of that cross is in the curriculum, Southern Hands, Northern Legs .. :)

I totally agree with someone who previously posted that it is the fighter .. not the art .. that determine's who's standing at the end of the match :)

You could give Michaelangelo any hammer and chisel and he'll make the greatest Sculpture .. you can give me the best hammer and chisel you can find and all you'll get is a smaller piece of stone .. haha :)

unclaimed effort Guest

Creator of the subject

Heard of Wong Fei Hung and Fong Sai Yuk? that's all i have to say. :)

If two tigers fight, the result will be one injured tiger.

Stillness in stillness is not real stillness. Stillness in motion is real stillness.

phoenix-eye Guest

7 star fantasist

Oh....my....god

How can such a great forum be spoiled by such sad losers. Anyone can type a great fight from behind their little tv screen.

Its actually real funny to read though....

I thought martial arts training instilled humility in students. Obviously i was wrong - maybe some of those posting replies are only learning from books and magazines. I suggest finding a good and honest Sifu.

A quick question though - if the northern style guy moved to the south of the country, who would win then? What if they were fighting on the equator? What if anyone really cared?