Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush made easy....

Braden Guest
    shaolin kungfu - maybe you should more closely examine how the american election system works.

I know how the american election system works. That doesn't change the fact that Gore won the popular vote. The electoral college is a good idea gone wrong.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Braden Guest
    It may even be an utterly stupid idea.

That doesn't change the fact that it's how the American election system works.

People said the same thing about hitler, usa sat back and ignored stalin. If usa doesn't fight for justice it loses the moral highground that is needed to destroy fanatical muslim doctrine. Europe, except for a few countries, has lost the insight to make wise decisions. I think that the protesters just dont understand the history and dynamics of the region. If they do understand, then they are the enemy of what is right. You cant condenm hitler and support saddam, you cant condenm hitler and ignore stalin. saddam is that bad. The fact that usa might be partially responsible for putting him in power makes it all the more important to lead the attack. Bush should finish this business, and it seems like he intends to.

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

My point is that bush wasn't elected by the people. I don't recall people ever voting to have the electoral college put in place.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Braden Guest
    "My point is that bush wasn't elected by the people. I don't recall people ever voting to have the electoral college put in place."

I thought you knew how the Electoral College worked. It is indeed a democratic process.

Whether or not you voted for the Electoral College doesn't change the fact that it is how the American electoral system works. So it doesn't change the fact that Bush was elected.

You can certainly claim you disagree with how the American democratic system works. But claiming Bush wasn't elected by it is simply incorrect.

Is that a roman catholic priest protesting the war with saddam? hahahahahahaha

I do disagree with the electoral college.

Just one more thing. You seem to think that america is a democracy. It is actually a republic. If you don't belive me, just listen to the pledge of allegiance.

Braden Guest
    I'm using democracy in the general sense. I don't think there's a literal direct democracy anywhere in the world, and hasn't been for a very long time.

Not since ancient Athens.

BRADEN

Why is it on one hand you say that the Kyoto Protocl is useless c'os it'll make millions (and what an exaggeration that is!!) unemployed and then you follow on by saying that Green poloyics is a monkey maker. Which is it to be?? Environmentalism is profitable or not??

As Shaolin says Gore did get more votes and Bush's election (and an insult to say that it was!!) was the dubious process in history presidential history.

We sup[plied him with arms regardless of what his intentions were as long as they weren't going to be pointed back at us. As ever politicians with friends or their own hands in distributions et al of arms are interested in one thing only MONEY. If you don't accept that then I wonder if this term of ignorant people that you foistered on me should not be returned to sender eh??

True you Braden can say that Bush is not a crook and what a stylishly mature answer it was of you to give as opposed to being honest and openly admitting that your President is far from virginal.

No he shouldn't initiate self-defeating policies at all, but what he should do is initiate policies that will work for his people and not for his own benefit. He is the President of the United States of America for one purpose only and that is to serve the people via his government not abuse his power, like his father and Reagan did.

How much money have you sent to Africa, for instance, to help combat the Aids epidemic? I must surely imagine it's less than what Bush has.
    I will ignore this quote because i cannot believe that this is meant to be the childish playground infant humour that it purposts to be. Do you seriously expect an individual to match the head of a country's charity from a financial level? Your comment is is so crass.

Going on holiday for manoths and the commencement of one's primary term of office to the white house presidency is totally innapropriate especially as there were so many pressing issues at hand. All he could do was hide away, wheres the stealth in that? Holidays when they have been earnt are fine, but when you've been offered a job and you've accepted it do you with barely any notice at all decided to take a few months worth of holiday off?? If you do then I suspect you are unemployed/unemployable by now.

The Christian fundamentalism that wreaks in the American education system of creationism and the denial of Dwarwinist theories that science has long held to be the origins of life, and certain fundamentalists that are curbing it in schools in the US. The same fundamentalists that are supported by the Republican government. The same fundamentalists that believe that freedom of speech in music is to be condemned and that censorship to the arts is something that the church have a hand in.

Your views are nearly as poor and blinkered as Sapphyre's, maybe even worse. When you direct the "Ignorant people" quote to me without effort it seems to bounce back into your court.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

The Cossacks were a democracy. They say the first parliament was in Iceland, called the "allthing" I believe the Cossacks called their democratic council the "Rukh". Look how much the american knows!

Look how much the amrican knows! But look at the "poor" sentence structure! I'll clarify... The "allthing" was in Iceland, the "Rukh" in the Ukraine. There, now go use your knowledge to destroy the enemy.

Actually, the electoral college served, and CONTINUES to serve, a very important purpose.

It's a weighting system. It is part of what ensures that heavily populated states cannot run roughshod over the more lightly populated ones. It helps guarentee that Presidential Campaigns will not ignore the smaller states.

Without the Electoral college, Presidential Campaigns wouldn't pay much attention to places like Minnesota, South Dakota. IN some cases, they still don't pay that much attention to them, but without the electoral college, who'd bother campaigning much in middle america? Sure if it was strategically important for some specific reason, but in general, it'd be somewhat wasted effort when you can get more bang for your buck in NYC or San Diego.

They also would tend to owe these populated states somewhat for their election, and the number of total representatives is now fixed to avoid a truly unwieldy deliberative body. The number of reps you have is based on the portion of the U.S. population you have, which changes with the Census. It's not "1 rep for every 100,000 people," anymore.

Representatives from heavily populated states, therefore, would wield disproportionate bargaining power under a system without the electoral college because if we directly elected the president, then all that matters is the final popular total. Representatives from heavily populated areas would be able to deliver more votes as a block--they can do so NOW.

So, am I going to adminstratively favor California, or Montana?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli