Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bagua

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post
    dont mind at all, I'm 25

I dont know from experience which one is harder but I do know that out of the people I've seen that teach the big three of Xingyi, Bagua, and Tai Chi, they always recommend starting w/ Xingyi.
    ooh 25 well you got enough time to learn both...if you like Bagua more learn it first...if your half way through xingyi curriculum pick up Bagua later...I know a guy at age fifty who started doing Bagua...internal styles are great for learning later on in life...i was wondering how old you were because if your already forty i dont see much point in trying to learn both...lol...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    ooh 25 well you got enough time to learn both...if you like Bagua more learn it first...if your half way through xingyi curriculum pick up Bagua later...I know a guy at age fifty who started doing Bagua...internal styles are great for learning later on in life...i was wondering how old you were because if your already forty i dont see much point in trying to learn both...lol...
    Tbh, the real reason i want to learn some Xingyi is because of the incredible resemblance it bears to the Ving Tsun i was taught. I often hear people say that the similarities are just in superficial appearance, but a lot of what I hear in terms of "technique description" from the same Xingyi practitioners online leads me to believe otherwise. Not to say that Xingyi isn't an amazing style on it's own, but this is why I really just want to learn the San Ti Shi and 5 element fist and just work on that.

In regards to bagua, that is a system I'm interested in as a whole, at least in terms of empty hand combat. That's why I'm trying to do as much research as possible about the curriculum. So far I dont know where Bagua practitioners start (besides circle walking) in their training and what the different phases are, and it's something i'd really like to know because looking for a bagua teacher means looking for a person who can teach it, and that means looking for a teacher who's not a "hustler." Sorry if my precautions seem idiotic, i may perhaps be too paranoid lol, but I've seen what happens with some teachers and Ving Tsun, so I can't help but be a bit cautious. I feel like the questions I'm asking make it seem like I'm in a hurry to learn, but I dont mind however long it takes as long as I'm not being hustled lol. I'm hoping some people here understand my concern, because if not, I probably sound stupid lol.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

bagua

Met Adam Hsu, long ago when he was teaching out in golden gate park, an area called the pan handle.
    He mentions that "everyone should have their own bagua zhang" found this quite interesting as
    my teacher in teaching me taiji said the same thing...
    Last edited by windwalker; 06-24-2017 at 09:51 AM.