Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The fight's about to start

A lot of boxing fans got angry when Lewis wussed out. Boxing politics also bother fans. If you keep up on boxing you would know that Lewis vs. Klitschko was the real thing that should have happened. The Tyson match is just another match to many boxing fans. If you realized all the crappy politics in boxing it would make you sick, too. Tyson sucks is my opinion. Period.

blah. Can you tell tyson he sucks? can you show him why? He made it where he is for a reason. same goes for any pro boxer.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Just because he's good at boxing doesn't mean I have to like him. I dont seperate the person from the sport. Nobodys perfect but tyson's way over the top. His actions have spoken for themselves.

That sounds better. I'm different in that respect though. Even though I don't care for his actions, you can't deny his skill, which is what I was saying. Even if his skill level isn't the best - as in the case of say Botha - you can't deny he has to have some talent, or he wouldn't be where he is.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

tyson might be a good boxer but I think he has some some serious mental health issues. If not for the aforementioned issues I think he could #1 again with no problem.

no doubt

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I think that's what he's headed towards though - he's been really light hearted lately, if you've noticed. He even jokes about his loss to lewis. In the post fight interview, he commented that he's trying to get his life back together.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

heh.

"I like doing other things," Tyson said in a rambling post-fight press conference. "I like getting high, hanging out with my kids, I like drinking. I like doing other things."

Tyson definitely is good.(at boxing). His speed is a huge asset to his style. I think it's possible for him to take Lewis but Lewis is so good at keeping shorter people back. He keeps guys like Tua, who is the essence of a short heavyweight boxer, back long enough to tire them out.

10. Thumbs up

Ali is fairly up to date in stature even with mysterious Parkinsonīs.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Yeah the usa boxing scene can get pretty cRaZy..... It's about $$$ here. But wait, Lewis is from england right?

Originally posted by Fred Sanford
    heh.

lol, he's gotta start somewhere. he likes to do that and wants to make his life better... maybe he'll knock off the other two things.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Tyson doesnt have to worry about the ring. And thats his problem, he psyches himself out, its all in his head. It be really cool if he smartened up and came back boxing hard!
    strike!

tyson doesnt hold a candle to roy jones jr.

i look forward to his first heavyweight fight coming up march 1st

Exactly, he gets outsmarted. Lewis can control him though. Tyson, Tua, both shorter reach big punchers, both, so far, controllable by distance and boxing skill.