Thread: Merging the three dantiens...?

Merging the three dantiens...?

http://www.geocities.com/sosorius/w-meditation.html
    http://spiritdagger.vze.com/
    and... click "Chi Flame".

Chi Flame
    Due to incorrect theories of what the Ki/Chi Flame is, the name may bring a bad taste to your mouth. Perhaps the image is that of a person embodied by a flame of energy to enhance his strength and speed. As well, it may conjure memories of novices asking how to "power up" and the likes. However, the true Chi Flame is nothing like the version that has been created in the minds of those who are captured by Japanese Anime.

One of the traditional Taoist exercises to cultivate the Chi was also called the Chi Flame(the actual Chinese word translated more as "burning one-point"). It was one of the extensive list of exercises found in Nei Gung. A now extinct form of what has become known as Chi Kung. The exercise was a form of meditation that focused on the expansion of the Tan Tien so that it merged with the Higher and Middle Tan Tien(Some Taoist beliefs said that there were actually three Tan Tiens). In whole, the practicer would become one with his one-point. This technique cured illness and, for a time, gave the student an exceptional skill with Chi.

The Exercise-

Now it is time for me to share the actual exercise that was the Chi Flame. Go along with your regular meditation exercise as layed down before(or use on of your own).
    After about 15 repetitions of the four-fold breathing, begin to focus soley on your Tan Tien. By now, your breathing should rythymic and automatic so that you do not have to think about your breathing as much in order to maintain the four-fold breath. The proceedure from here goes as follows: When you inhale, bring in the Chi from the Earth through your nostrils then down straight in to your Tan Tien. When you hold your breath, visualize that chi fully mixing with your Tan Tien. As you Exhale, let that Chi expand your Tan Tien in the shape of a fire(optional). As you exhale further let the fire grow inside of you, untill finally you are out of breath. At this point, repeat the process.
    Do not let the fire grow quickly! If it does, then the effects will be minimal. Instead, try to only let it expand about an inch or two in width and hieght for every breath. At that rate, it should take about 30+ full cycles untill the fire has engulfed your body.
    When the fire reaches about your chest cavity in hieght, and spreads out to your knees in width(if you are sitting cross legged), you will most likely feel a surge of heat constantly fluxuating through your body. There have been instances in my sessions of practice where the hairs on my body could be felt standing on end.
    When the flame has engulfed you fully, then the session has ended. As the day goes on the energy will depleat down to it's original potency. But for some time after the closing of your meditation, you will feel invigorated and notice an increase in the effects of any following psychic or chi related practices.
    I didn't know its possible to merge the dan tiens...

Seems kinda dubious to me, since this guy is affiliated with:

http://www.veritasonline.net/

and the admins of that site are responsible for
    http://undergrounddragon.tripod.com/ . Which is total BS.

Thoughts on this? I would also like to hear your thoughts on the "Chi101" on www.veritasonline.net , that also seems like rubbish.... especially since the admin claims to be able to "power up"... and the like.

It is possible. But this article is very brief.

I do not know the full details of the actual exercise, but this is practised extensively by the very high level Tibetan yogis who live in the snow. However, In Vajrayana, they must receive proper empowerment and channels cleared by a lineage guru before one is allowed to practise it.

They test their "heat" by melting a large slab of snow afterwards.

edit: I wonder the difference sometimes as the Daoist seems to practise these things regardless of initiation, maybe they have their form of initiation too ?! Dat I am ignorant off....

Thumbs up

This is just thought feeding but I remember reading how taoist understanding of dan tien may vary from others...
    To clarify a bit,there is talk about "false dan tien" and then the actual dan tien.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

HHmmm

To be honest the authour of that text sounds like a foolish individual and I supsect he has little genuine experience himself of Taoist alchemy. Firstly he is absolutely incorrect when he claims the Nei-Gong is extinct. Nei-Gong is happy and alive and has been for thousands of years which leads me to believe that he either doesn't know what Nei-Gong is, has read that quote in another faulty bit of text, or his lineage is deficient and doesn't know any Nei-gong.
    Secondly when he surmises that some Taoists even believe that there are 3 Dan-Tien. Why bother surmising that when it is common knowledge that there are 3 Dan-Tien, there always have been, Upper Middle and Lower. One governs Jing one Qi and one Shen. This is hardly secret knowledge I mean you can read about that in various medical qi-gong texts too. This was almost enough to make me realise that whoever wrote it is altogether quite daft and fickle, because he should know that there are elements missing from this qi-gong and as such by generating heat with internal breathing like this could be extrememly hazardous for people with Yin Xu conditions and full-heat illnesses as generating more heat could cause anything from aneurisms to heart attacks. It really does sound like he knows next to nothing, as the three dan-tien don't exactly merge ever, they just unite energetically, and they don't need to expand and take up the space of anothers. The simply thing to do is open the Chong Mei channel which connects the 3 dan-tien together and opens up the psychic faculties naturally. I think this is what he is trying to describe, but if he hasn't ever heard of the Chong Mei before then I would think that it would better to dismiss his methodology as it could cause more harm than good. It's best when doing this kind of stuff to get it from someone legit and actually knows what they are talking about unlike this individual.
    Last edited by Repulsive Monkey; 02-24-2003 at 10:05 AM.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Cool William

Two very interesting websites. Thank you.
    xiaotiema

Thumbs up

Yar, RM's got it right. The guy's trying to be all-knowing and mystical...and [rule of thumb here] anyone who spells 'magic' with a 'K', isn't...'nuff said!
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

yar we usually get a very long "initiation" before being allowed to practise to make sure that these "blockages" are removed for safe practise.
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

interesting guys, i have never heard of it quite like the article but as RM said more about the Chong channel and the upper middle and lower dantian.

why does everyone have to make things sound so "majikal"?
    good to have you guys on the forum

prana: glad to see ur back in the swing of things buddy - me too slowly building myself up again

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Magick

I haven't too much time to view anymore of the staggering claims those websites claim/purport to transmit to us mere mortals, but to clear up the Magic with a K bit I am assumming that it with reference to Aleister Crowleys cultivation of sex-tantra which he termed Magick pronounced May-jik. If this is so then it sends out a wide array of confusing messages. I never really did rate Crowleys re-write of the Tao-te-ching, and found some of his stuff unfathomable but then I never decided to go down that path and study his philosophy with much ardour either.

It does sound a bit contradictory though Crowelian Magick and Taoist Alchemy, although maybe there are connections???? Can anyone else shed an light in this area??
    Last edited by Repulsive Monkey; 02-25-2003 at 09:47 AM.

Smile

I don't know whether this clears anything up -its a faq form the alt.magicK site...

Reading it, i can kind of see the connection, but it is somewhat distant, interpreted as it is in a sexual framework.

I think the clearest connection is the western alchemical/hermetic thing...you know, 'nigredo, albedo, rubedo...' etc. [start with the base, oppose with the pure, expose to the 'fire' ...sound familiar?].in connection, dezhen might find this interesting, maybe not [noi, btw, if that happens]

The contradictions are a matter of intent [that word!], as magicK is concerned about control/influence of the universe, while taoism is more about connection, at base anyhow IMO.
    Last edited by ZIM; 02-25-2003 at 02:03 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Hmmm

Actually that link you gave ZIM was very interesting to be honest. It gave a lot of legit info. and plausable stuff on tantra and sex-magick. However the veritasonlibe still seems a little hammy.. still I'll takeme time out to read both I guess.

Thumbs up

lol Zim thanks for that! there have been many htings said about the black stone at the Kabba but again they have been only said throughout history and there is no accurate method of finding their authenticity

thanks though, very interesting,
    dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Thanks everyone. Its been a good thread