Thread: Yanling Lee Johnson

Yanling Lee Johnson

Hey every one, its me again. I just recieved a qigong book from my freind Qigong for living by Yanling Lee Jhonson. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of her. If so anybackround info? Anything would be helpful, i just want to know if what she says about qigong is true. I am interested in qigong and want to learn more. So i is important to know if she is the real deal. Thanks.

Hmmm

gives us a taster....what does she say about Qi-gong?
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

ok

Well in one of her chapters in getting started in qigong, she says that if there is not a qualified teacher(where you live), that you can learn from a book or video tape. I tought that it was bad to try and learn from a book. I was also told you should always have a master around when you first beging practicing so you won't hurt yourself.

that is why

I wanted to know if she is the real deal, I heard that she is the vice president of the Qigong assocaition of America, but again I never heard of that assaocaition or of her. Just need to know if she is the real deal, if not, I will look for information else where.

Hmmm

Well if it's of any consequence here is a link to a review of one of her books which was reviewed by the British Taoist Association magazine "The Dragons Mouth" (which I must say is a wonderful read, and very insightful to ancient (however more specifically the Longmen tradition of Taoism) aswell as modern day Taoism). If they say it's good then maybe she is good.

Dragons mouth review..
    Last edited by Repulsive Monkey; 02-27-2003 at 01:38 AM.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

thanks

thanks for the link, it was helpful.

I've met her. She is a kind, sincere, and experienced pracititioner and teacher.