Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Progress

new bench pr

squat pr

Last edited by SevenStar; 05-17-2007 at 08:20 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

hows that 350 coming?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

wow nice squats and bench presses SevenStar.
    i can only bench about 190 and squat 265. i havnt squated in about a year so its might be lower.. maybe higher who knows, i was surpsied to have done 265 first try out of the blue, when i did it.
    but im only 16, so the weights that i lift are decent for my age wouldnt u say? O_O

lately ive been working on leg stretches. before my daily routine of leg stretches, i could hardly perform a sidekick at all. my leg muscles were weak, tight, and couldnt kick high at all.

not i can give a good, flexible kick to the mid-abdominal section no problem now. i can feel and see my flexibility progress

just finished a pretty good training cycle - short sessions 6 times a week (30 to 40 minutes in the gym max - 2 sets per excercise).

hit each muscle group about 3 times each week. started to plateau after getting my weight up to 196-- either i need to eat more or change up the training routine.

so i've decided to to do longer sessions twice per week for the month of July (up to ten sets per excercise).

GOAL=

get bench up from 250 to 265
    push bodyweight past 200 lbs without a noticable gain in body fat

probably will continue this new workout til at least mid-august.

happy / healthy training to u all!

Smile wudang kungfu

Wudang Internal Kung Fu

http://www.daoiskungfu.com

Wudang Gongfu, one important school of Chinese Martial Arts has a very long history. Wudang Gongfu, incorporating ways to stay healthy and prolong the lifespan as well as collecting the skills to fight, is not only a special school of Martial Arts, but also a whole system of Martial Arts theory.

Wudang Gongfu, as a culture, takes root in the fertile soil of thousand-year long Chinese civilization, containing profound Chinese philosophical theories, combined twith the raditional notions of Taiji, Yinyang, Five-element, Eight-diagram into boxing theories, boxing skills, exercise and attack policies, tantamount to studying the laws of life activities. So we can say that Wudang Gongfu is the crystallization of Wudang Taoism in the process of studying life.

It is said that Zhang-Sanfeng, the founder of Wudang Boxing, was self-cultivating in Wudang Mountains, when he witnessed a fight between a magpie and a snake. That the magpie was flying up and down to attack and the snake was shaking its body and raising its head to fight back gave him inspiration and understanding of the Taiji theory so that proceeded to create Wudang Internal Kungfu.

The original legend of Wudang Gongfu, and the pose of the snake in the fighting have visually demonstrated the gist of Wudang Gongfu: to overcome the strong in a gentle way and to win by striking only after the enemy had struck. To ascertain one's position and then defeat the enemy.

After many boxing masters enrichment and development, Wudang Gongfu has many derivatived schools and kinds, such as, Taiji boxing, Form-and-will boxing, and Eight-diagram Palm; and Taiji Sword; Lightening Gongfu, Hard Gongfu, feats and variations of Qigong. From then on, Wudang Gongfu has walked out of the deep mountains and become an important school of Chinese Martial Arts. There are many schools of Wudang Gongfu today, but the Sect of Zhang Sanfeng remains the one that has inherited Wudang Gongfu in the most complete way. Priest Zhong Yunlong is the 14th-generation master of the Sanfeng Sect and Priest Chen Shixing is one of his most outstanding formal disciples.
    Last edited by pdf108; 08-12-2008 at 06:38 PM.