Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress

Progress

Hey, seems like a lot of people are starting new types of workouts lately - inic and his program, iron and his 20 rep squats, ford started one, I changed mine some, etc...

Why don't we use this thread to post pics, progress, etc. ?

RTB, can you make this thread sticky?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Heh. After Iron and Inic posted pics, I felt left out, so I'm gonna get a digital camera or scanner.

http://www.princeton.edu/~moraski2/newdog3.jpg

-Current photo- taken right after a 5 hour training session, hence the bruises.

Current stats:
    Height: 6'4" (190 cm)
    Weight: 195 lbs (89 kg)

I'm a hard gainer, although not quite as bad as Ironfist. I spent most of college at 6'4", 143 lbs.

I just started a PTP program this week; I hadn't done any weight training since before September, because I was concentrating on grappling and didn't want to be sore or overworked for it. I took January off from any exercise entirely, because I bruised my ribs and was resting up. Consequently, although my sports-specific cardio is still in good shape, my absolute strength went straight into the shitter.

This is my first week on PTP; I'm doing benches starting with 60 lbs (working up to 105 at the end of the two week cycle), deadlifts starting with 110 lbs (to 155), neck presses starting with 35 lbs (up to 80), and lat pulldowns starting with 110 (up to 155). I could probably start out higher than these numbers, but I have two tournaments coming up in March, so I wanted to ease back into weight training very gradually. It would really suck if I pulled something now.

My short term goal is to get back to the strength level where I used to be, which was bench-pressing my own weight (granted, I weigh 40 lbs more than I did then...)

My long term goal is to... keep getting stronger.

Good idea for this thread, Seven. Let's see how we all do.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I'm coming along well with my abs definition, but would you guys be adult about a female photo in a racer top?

I'd love to get other women weight lifters in on this one. Do we have any in the forum? I thought we did. I'm trying to gain as much strength as humanly possible without getting too big. Gaining some is fine, but I do have the genetics to bulk (I've done it before), so I'm trying not to. I know enough that keeping my calories down keeps me from bulking, but I do have to keep adding calories to keep making gains.

It's a kind of see saw. I was wondering if any other women were working on this.
    Last edited by Robinf; 02-26-2003 at 11:54 AM.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

consider it stuck. i haven't had a chance to combine the other stuck threads into one demo/link thread. when i do, i'll stick that indefinitely.

i'm currently working on a before and after photo set of myself. well, i'm working on the after part -- the before part is soft. i'll post when i reach month one. i got my name for the sixpack i once had -- it, along with my head, was very rubbable. after a year of little cardio and bad diet, the buddha became the other kind of buddha, and the sixpack had pretzels to go with it.

since i started, i don't know if i've lost any actual weight, as i've added more muscle in my lower body and i don't look smaller. i just think my BF% has gone down, which was the goal in the first place. i'm not as cut as iron or inic, and i'm not as hyoooge as sevenstar, but i ain't too shabby.
    Last edited by rubthebuddha; 02-26-2003 at 12:25 PM.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Guys count me in. I have already taken a before picture on jan 6 2003 with a newspaper showing the true authentic date of the picture. I took the picture before starting my PTP training and warrior diet program and after the end of month of March I will take anyother picture. I am willing to show my results and post my strength gains. After that I will go a 10 week cycle hyperthrophy program using S. McRoberts and Mike Mentzer methodology.

It is time to show people where our truths come from. I think this would be fun and shut up many posters here as well like Sap. I have very high respect for iron fist for posting his pictures but he is still a young punk tho. Much love brother. LoL. Pls, no hate post iron fist.

Anyone want to post their pics and show their strength or skill gains. I would be interested and you might even inspire me to improve my gains and skills. My ego wont allow defeat and I love getting stronger and this is a good way to motivate many people to stop just talking and actually show and tell and do instead. Many people will sincerely listen to tho who have shown the results of their theory and application of strength and conditioning.

Remember this aint no body building thang, i also plan to post up certain cool movement and exercises that I do as well. I encourage you people to do the same. Best of luck brothers and sisters. I have to figure out how to use my scanner and post my pictures.

Best Cheers.
    Last edited by Mr. Bao; 02-27-2003 at 06:24 PM.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

I'm going to hopefully start powerlifting Sunday. I'm not sure exactly what I will be doing, but I'm meeting with a competative power lifter to show me the ropes. I'll try and get some pictures in a bit if i see a difference. right now I'm 6' 175 pound. I'm down from 180, wohever I'd like to be around 185-190 by may.
    I am nothing.

here's one of my back, i did some of the front but they didn't show up cos of the lighting
    ________
    Stream
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 12:54 PM.

here's another back one
    ________
    Vaporizers

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    FatherDog, more precisely 190cm is 6 feet 2.8 inches.
    6'4" is 193cm

I will post my stats and progress on here once i weight myself and begin excercising, that is probably next week.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Originally posted by Xebsball
    FatherDog, more precisely 190cm is 6 feet 2.8 inches.
    6'4" is 193cm
    Thanks, Xeb. I was ballparking it; it's been a while since I did metric conversions.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

oh yeah, anyone thats interested, my stats are:

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 182lbs
    BF: last time i got it measured was oct last year and it was 13.5%

so how's my back?
    ________
    Interracial anal

How tall is 5' 10 ?
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Stubb:

Not to be disrepectful and not to be mean, but the way your back look is quite average. From my experience and from reading your stats, I have seen people with your same stats who had better looking backs and exceptional development. These people are not on da juice, but some are ectomorphs and mesomorphs who had backs like Bruce Lee. I would be gasing you or lying to you if I said you had an exceptional back. Remember this is a honest answer without being mean or disrespectful.

Keep training hard, your friend,
    DuLayLoMo

5foot13inches
    177lbs (varys from 175-185... mainly water - I can lose 5 lbs overnight, with a shake before bed...)
    ectomorph

I just got one of those bodyweight cages, about 8 feet high, with a pullup bar, dip stuff, etc. Also just built some parrallettes or whatever. Having much fun - strength training consists of bodyweight killer workout every other day.

So basically Im not doing anything progressive strength wise, but I am getting ripped.

strike!