Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Who here has actually trained with a Shaolin Monk?

xian_witch Guest

mortal

how much emphasis is there on qigong, if any?
    you say stamina. does shi yanming help the student build this through breathing techniques and meditation? i say meditation, because when an individual learns to quiet the mind in this state, one can eventually bring this state of peace in the waking world, in many activities. this optimizes the individual as to not expend energy, chi, unnecessarily. and breathing, well obvious. more oxygen, less work the heart does. less acceleration, less tiredness.

i currently am masterless, and under no temple roof.

harmonize the forces of heaven, earth, and hell.

mortal Guest

BrideWithWhiteHair

He teaches kung fu, taiji and qiqong as 3 seperate disciplines. Most people take kung fu but he does have a couple of qiqong and taiji students. His Taiji is awsome. Really low stances the whole time. I even considered training in it.
    Meditation is not to him what it is to everybody else. He considers it to be active meditation. Meaning the meditation and the training are one in the same. We expend every drop of energy by the time half the class is over the rest is from the heart. He wants you to work on your overall basic conditioning. No real breathing exercises are taught during our kung fu class but you figure it out on your own from doing the forms enough times. My heart goes a thousand miles an hour the whole class. The funny thing is after all that work I have more energy than when I came in. Overall I have more energy. Did you ever come to see a class? If so what did you think?