Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Crotch?

Here's the process

Let me clarify. Here's one Iron Crotch process. GM Tu doesn't retract. That's a different process. Now you're thinking, "hold the phone, there are different ways to do crotch training?" To quote the bard, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I have a different method, but it involves the "Got Qi?" girls.

What context does someone put something like this even in.....just of bored interest or something someone actually thinks is self protection based on a valid level of common sense and time?

I had a friend who made a similar statement. We were at a tournament, and there were a whole group of USA Goju guys doing sanchin kata and hitting each other-trying to psych everybody out, I suppose. My friend sez,"These guys spend all their time training to get hit. I'd rather spend time training how to hit instead." -good point.

a humiliating kick in the crotch

It's a great misconception that iron crotch is trained in order to withstand a crotch kick. It's the same misconception that many people make about forms - that every move necessarily translates into a literal combat application. Built into the system of Chinese martial arts is qigong. People do iron crotch as a qigong discipline - the notion is that it increases vitality. In the long run, a more vital practitioner becomes a better fighter simply because he or she has more vitality for practice. That's really the essence of martial arts. You can train to fight, sure, but traditionally, martial arts cultivates one's vitality - increases the qi, if you will. got qi? If not, you can get it by lifting weights with your genitals.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The brand of Iron Crotch TM that uses weight lifting with the genitals also strengthens and thickens the fascia inside the body surrounding the organs. That has several great benefits related to fighting last time I checked.
    -Golden Arms-

last time i checked there are a lot of things to life other than fighting.

arent these things the reasons we learn to fight in the first place? to preserve and protect them as well as ourselves so that we can live long and be able to do more of the things we cherish and learn to protect.

IE: girls
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    martial arts cultivates one's vitality - increases the qi, if you will. got qi? If not, you can get it by lifting weights with your genitals.
    That is the most brilliant thing I have ever read. Ever.
    Mark

Like Takuan Soho?

he invented the pickle
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by vid
    ...not by flexing fat muscles...
    You can't flex fat
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

That instructor looked like he had powerful moves.

But the drills people do in kf schools make me go wtf. No one punches like that.

That old dude hitting himself in the throat was awesome.

edit - I want to point out that that guy never touched him when his testicles were NOT retracted, so we have no proof that he actually has testicles at all.
    Last edited by IronFist; 05-20-2007 at 12:37 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    That instructor looked like he had powerful moves.
    But the drills people do in kf schools make me go wtf. No one punches like that.
    I'm surprised you post that being that the sifu in the video actually talked about what those drills do.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    edit - I want to point out that that guy never touched him when his testicles were NOT retracted, so we have no proof that he actually has testicles at all.
    You doubt his ability to retract his testicles? If so, I think that's REALLY reaching.
    Last edited by The Xia; 05-24-2007 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Let me clarify. Here's one Iron Crotch process. GM Tu doesn't retract. That's a different process. Now you're thinking, "hold the phone, there are different ways to do crotch training?" To quote the bard, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    How's about learning both?
    Actually, I wonder if that's been done.

"last time i checked there are a lot of things to life other than fighting.

arent these things the reasons we learn to fight in the first place? to preserve and protect them as well as ourselves so that we can live long and be able to do more of the things we cherish and learn to protect."-yeah, like my nads, for one.
    um,two.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    "last time i checked there are a lot of things to life other than fighting.

arent these things the reasons we learn to fight in the first place? to preserve and protect them as well as ourselves so that we can live long and be able to do more of the things we cherish and learn to protect."-yeah, like my nads, for one.
    um,two.
    LOL

10 characters