17 25.37%
  • Yes, I agree with the war, but not its reasons

9 13.43%
  • No, I dont agree with the war OR its reasons

41 61.19%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Agree with the "War on Iraq"

Please Vote! Do You Agree with the "War on Iraq"

Please vote if you view this post Posting a better worded poll. If better worded is even a phrase
    Last edited by Golden Arms; 02-27-2003 at 04:15 PM.
    -Golden Arms-

I just blame the JEWS
    At a boy Luther!!!!

What reasons do I agree with? I see it being played two ways. We are going because Saddam is a threat to peace, in our country and in the middle east. We have known this for years. there are other reasons but I believe that is the biggest.

However, it is being played alot differently through the media anyway, like because he is defying the UN we have to do something, and I don't like that spin. I don't think it has a whole lot to do with the UN sanctions at all.

No more Nazis

"We must make clear to the Germans that the wrong for which their fallen leaders are on trial is not that they lost the war, but that they started it. And we must not allow ourselves to be drawn into a trial of the causes of the war, for our position is that no grievances or policies will justify resort to aggressive war. It is utterly renounced and condemned as an instrument of policy."

-Supreme Court Justice Robert L. Jackson, Cheif US Prosecutor, Nuremberg Tribunal, 8/12/1945

We are attacking another country, unprovoked. Period. This is "Preemptive War" and is a disgrace to this nation. Or what's left of it.

-JessO (liberal hippie patriot, etc

Originally posted by Taomonkey
    I just blame the JEWS
    Now you just CUT that out. I'm getting sick of people talking about the Jewish like that and I'm not even Jewish.

Never hear me saying that I just blame white people. It's not right to blame people who you don't even know.
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 02-27-2003 at 06:08 PM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

I gotta back NM on this one. Even if it was a joke (which I am not sure it was) it is a stupid statement.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I believe diego just referred to white people as "the Devil" in another thread ("....white Devil's religion.....").

This place is so divided by politics, race, and religion.
    Monkey vs. Robot

Yeah, but we all know that diego is a mad spic
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

I figure Saddam is a menace, a fascist, a dangerous psychotic, and needs to go. However, for the last 12 years we've done a good job of keeping him contained, so he is only a serious threat to his own people. The problem with the war as it has been laid out is that we are unlikely to get a better situation in Iraq or the middle east generally as a result of our strategy, and that I don't trust the chickenhawks who are beating the drum loudest and likeliest to be making the decisions about how to play out the invasion. Also, our stated tactic of "Shock and Awe" is going to cause the greatest harm to the very people we're (allegedly) trying to protect - the ordinary citizens of Iraq. Furthermore, the connection between international terrorism - in particular Al Quaeda - and S.H. is dubious and probably spurious. If we want Al Quaeda and Osama Bin Laden, we'd be far better served taking action in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by joedoe
    Yeah, but we all know that diego is a mad spic
    actually and ive made it clear before...i was bored when i signed up to the forum and just picked diego as my real name is james, thought it was cooler then james get me a glass of water old chap and alot less nerdy then vortex 79-forty three

you better edit that post joey as im white and not even a quarter indian so im thinking you might get your emailed spammed by a bunch of upset mexicans.

also stranger im so glad my **** is always on your mind...if you dont feel you are a devil then feel how you do but many whites were/are devils so keep bigging up my name
    your idol

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    I figure Saddam is a menace, a fascist, a dangerous psychotic, and needs to go. However, for the last 12 years we've done a good job of keeping him contained, so he is only a serious threat to his own people. The problem with the war as it has been laid out is that we are unlikely to get a better situation in Iraq or the middle east generally as a result of our strategy, and that I don't trust the chickenhawks who are beating the drum loudest and likeliest to be making the decisions about how to play out the invasion. Also, our stated tactic of "Shock and Awe" is going to cause the greatest harm to the very people we're (allegedly) trying to protect - the ordinary citizens of Iraq. Furthermore, the connection between international terrorism - in particular Al Quaeda - and S.H. is dubious and probably spurious. If we want Al Quaeda and Osama Bin Laden, we'd be far better served taking action in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
    and to add to that is it true the us ordered 70-100,000 bodybags for this war?....if so why?...they plotting a barbeque or what?.

lol diego. I am waiting for the emails as we speak

Monkey vs. Robot

why your eyes look like that stranger doing your eyeliner cuz you know supermans here?.

Stop trolling for an internet date, because I don't play that way.

Pardon me for mentioning your name on the forum. I didn't realize that your opinions were above challenge. The thread redircted towards verbal statements crossing the line of cool, and I pointed out your statement- which i thought was bigoted. I don't care what color you are. I am not self-loathing; you are the one who has issues. You didn't say "SOME white devil's religion", you said "white devil's religion". I think you could offend more than one decent person on this forum with that bigoted statement. Why the hate?

No, I don't feel like a "devil". I work to better the lives of economically challenged people as a career. Maybe if you did something as useful, you wouldn't be so filled with the self-hate you project.

You can hate all you want; it matters not to me.
    Last edited by Stranger; 02-27-2003 at 08:25 PM.
    Monkey vs. Robot