Thread: More fun with duct tape

Wink More fun with duct tape

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! The Iraqis have a duct tape and balsawood superweapon! This will make MOAB look like an M-80.

http://salon.com/news/wire/2003/03/12/drone/index.html
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

They built it to deliver chemical and bio agents. If it rains that sh1t on you, your day is pretty fu(ked. Don't only consider this a weapon for the Iraqi theater.

ie. A terrorist/commando could launch that thing from a Mexican border town and reach San Diego according to the range specs.

It is a piece of cr@p, but a deadly one nonetheless.

Just look what was done with a couple of boxcutters.
    Monkey vs. Robot

CSN, my sentiments exactly..I would have replied more quickly, but I was busy wiping up all the water that came shooting out of my mouth when I read your post while drinking it We better be careful or else they might pull out all the stops and use that Partially Restored Chevy Nova with a sharp stick on top against our ground forces. (I cant say anymore, I dont think our government even wants the people of the US to know about that thing, or it would cause nationwide panic)
    -Golden Arms-

Stranger - that's sorta my point. The article states that they found this hi-tch delivery system in Iraq. It's not going to reach Washington from there. And if they want to deliver bio or chem into the united states, why would they bother moving such a cheap, easy to build p.o.s. instead of just making a new one?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

CSN,

I was thinking it was a prototype for testing the tactic. I don't think they would have to smuggle that POS into the US. They could build one in a safehouse (not necessarily in the US), arm it, and fly it over populated areas.

I don't think this thing will be used in the battles in Iraq. They have artillery shells and missiles to deliver their bio-chem threat on the battlefield. They can't get an artillery piece or missile launcher within range of the US, but they could certainly possess that little plane inside of our country or close enough.

"If a weapon is stupid and works, than it is not stupid."

During his war with Iran, Saddam devised an attacked wherein he decimated an Iranian advance with nothing more than a normal electrical power line- he baited the Iranians into an advance across marsh land, submerged the power line in the water and electrocuted the entire Iranian line while they attempted to wade across the water (simple but effective).

I'm not saying this war should be started for the sole purpose of ending the balsa-model airplane threat , but we should still respect the potential lethality of this weapon.
    Last edited by Stranger; 03-12-2003 at 09:44 PM.
    Monkey vs. Robot