Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu fight footage

Hybrid View

Kung Fu fight footage

What is your opinon of this fight?

I see good kicking, and some nice take downs. But I still see kick boxing footwork.

Click on the first fight, upper left corner. there's more, but I want to talk about this one first.

http://marvinperry.org/fightclips-frame.htm
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I don't think you will see much "kung fu footwork" in the ring. And as far as perry goes - he probably wouldn't use it anyway. He trained in kung fu for a few years - longfist, I think - and abandoned it all for san shou. Also, remember all of the crossover in there - there are kickboxing, tkd, etc. stylists that compete in san shou.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

True.

I would like to find some online footage of real Kung Fu being used in the ring.

As far as the footage I posted, I do see some good stuff, especially the take downs.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

exactly what kind of footwork is kung fu footwork vs kickboxing footwork?

I reckon once you start throwing on the gloves and pads and working within the framework of the rules, most everyone will look like that.

I reckon once you start throwing on the gloves and pads and working within the framework of the rules, most everyone will look like that.
    But not quite as good
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Mike Weeks aka light saber genius

Last edited by jun_erh; 03-02-2003 at 07:30 AM.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    you know kung fu sucks, man.

If you want to kick some ass you gotta be doing that mma thing.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Royal Dragon: this might help

try and find some videos of choy lee fut fighters from buksing and chan family branches competing in kickboxing/full contact kung fu tournaments in australia in the late 1980's early 1990's

you should find what you are after if you can find any footage

I don't have a sound card, but that light saber guy just looked dumb.

Maybe it makes mre sense If I could hear what he is saying.

As for the CLF links, do you have any links to those fights?

I want to put some authentic footage of GOOD Kung Fu in live competiton on my site for viewers to enjoy.

For the Women:

+ = & a

the lightsaber guy WAS dumb.

RD, I'll send you some video of me fighting.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Coool, Can I put it on my site?

For the Women:

+ = & a

I was basically kidding

all I have is poorly lit stuff from inside a dark school with really
    bad cameral angles, stuff used for training review purposes.

although, it might not be a bad idea to see who's got what in
    their home video collection and if they would be willing to expose
    themselves before their peers. I bet that would be the hard part.

people have a hard time taking criticism

Oh, Ok. I wouldn't put myself up on my site either. Not right now anyway. I need to prefect my skills first.

I'm really looking for GOOD authentic Kung Fu fight'n for my site.

Everyone has forms, but I see very little acual fight footage.

For the Women:

+ = & a

what I'm talking about is sparring sessions in school. my formwork
    is not anything I would ever show as an example of 'good' forms.

and, YES (to everyone else) I fully realize that sparring isn't
    fighting.

but, it would be kind of cool to have a forum where we could
    post clips of our training and open it up for critique.

I'll host it on my forum if you like.

For the Women:

+ = & a