Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu fight footage

RD do you really see that much bouncing and don't some gung fu systems use methods of footwork like bouncing? There are hundred of different gung fu systems right?

I don't see a lot of bouncing when I am watching a good western boxer or savate man nor do I try to use any when I am boxing. Of course there are guys who do some dancing, some skipping, hops and little jumps but I don't think thats really the norm. I did more dancing in JKD sparring than I do in boxing.

In the boxing that I learned we were taught to use shuffling steps or some call them slidding steps. To keep your feet underneth your body but your weight on the ground, to use footwork like falling steps, side steps, sway backs and angling. You want to be nimble but not like a retarded goofy.
    Regards

Shooter,

Give some of us a little more credit than that. If its good fighting, its good fighting.

You can at least say its not like that fat WC guy who did absolutely nothing while walking in like ozzy osbourne or that san soo guy that thought he was herding 6 year olds with his charlie chaplin stance(see the video).

Of course you're going to get some malcontent purist (which RD is NOT, BTW) that will say its not what "should" be done.

I, for one, won't make the mistake of thinking it should look like movie. Lets see it!!

There are plenty of moves that bounce in Kung fu.

Lets not obsess on the bouncing issue, i think Rd is trying to get at the straight leg , stilks walking type fighting where the knees dont bend more than 10 degress and the feet are a pant waist width apart.

Sounds funny actually.

malcontent purist (which RD is NOT, BTW)

Reply]
    LOL!!! That one goes back to that one phone conversation we had, doesn't it?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

*smh* so I guess none of our fight clips are gonna make it on RD's site ...
    Last edited by Suntzu; 03-12-2003 at 12:42 PM.
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    As for the clip, I thought you were the one to set this up and was originally set to fight the san soo guy. You were the one to bring it to the worlds attention.
    The San Soo guys had a challenge to fight anyone and I negotiated the details with them. I was going to fight originally, but we eventually decided to go with John.

I was/am pretty video-illiterate. I had nothing to do with the video or its posting. I just posted the address where the video could be seen.

Stop it Shooter. I've been saying the same thing for about two-three years. We can't possibly be right.

The other thing that blows my mind is how the experienced fighters (I don't consider that I am a fighter, FWIW) are continually ignored/told they are wrong here. Amazing.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Abel, I have no interest in showing my reality and having someone else associate it with theirs. Here's a typical example of what I'm talking about:

The fact that CMA's refuse to do that because of some sort of fear of losing "Face", is exactly why we don't have any credibility. Personally, I don't see a problem with publishing our fights. We have plenty of them
    We don't have any cred?? Our fights?? We have plenty?? Who TF are all these people? hahahaha

Also, I know yourself and a few others know what's what. But come on, man...it's KFO! LOL
    Tai Chi is

Suntzu,
    Your clips are too short. I am looking fro full fights, or good chuncks of them.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I Give up, I'm turing MMA............................................... ..................

For the Women:

+ = & a

awww shucks ...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

RD, if you haven't already, you'll need:

1. A shaved head

2. A Tattoo

3. A Goatee

4. A "insert your favorite fighter here" nut-rider kit, complete with spandex pants and bad logic.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

Suntzu,

Do you have longer clips?

Not that I can use them anymore for thier original purpose. Now that I'm going MMA, I need only the crappiest Kung Fu fight picks avaliabe so I can laugh at them and spout the greatness of Muy Thai and BJJ!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Merryprankster,

Well, I cut my Mullet off last year, and I now have a nice short doo. Is that a start?

I think I'll go the BJJ route, they get nice Gi's with cool patches on them. Is that still "In"?

For the Women:

+ = & a

LOL!