I hear it was the top draw for its opening weekend, but I doubt it'll last. What a disappointment. I'm trying to weigh which was worse, Cradle or Tuxedo. It's is definately one of Jet's darkest hour and a halfs. His scarred complexion is casting him in more villianous roles - what a contrast from the bright-eyed boy in the Shaolin Temple movies. Corey Yuen's choreography is not captured well. Gabrielle Union pales in comparison to Aaliyah. The comedy is amusing, but not quite enough to sustain the picture.

His other picture, Hero, will pale in comparison to Crouching Tiger. It's too bad, because Hero is a better picture, but you need to know a little more about China to fully comprehend it. CTHD was a romance that disregarded the constraints of filiel piety. But Hero is about the root of being a warrior and the root of China. Romance is always more popular than warrior tales, it just reaches more people. Hero should continue to do well in Asia, but it won't help Jet break the states. And given his track record here in the U.S., perhaps that's just as well.

Check out our e-zine coverage - I think our media man Dr. Reid covers the situation pretty well.