Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: San Soo from Jimmy H. Woo...

"Jimmy Woo's San Soo is a descendent of Choi Li Fut kung fu, stripped down to its most practical elements. Woo was a strong believer in using what was effective and winning the battle without delay."

this is a little info for everyone who can see it for what it really is.

so how come you couldnt answer my question before and instead changed the subject? its getting a bit slippery dude.

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Originally posted by germpest
    "Jimmy Woo's San Soo is a descendent of Choi Li Fut kung fu, stripped down to its most practical elements. Woo was a strong believer in using what was effective and winning the battle without delay."

this is a little info for everyone who can see it for what it really is.
    It would be interesting to see what the Choy Li Fut people people have to say about this one
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

thats done it. u know how they are in the southern forum
    hope ur having a good day at work buddy

dawood

Just started . Don't you ever sleep Dez?

Anyway, as I predicted none of my questions were answered.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

i do mate, right now for some reason i seem to be on AUS time Well, id hardly call it work... but im actually working on the Uni IT helpdesk right now

yup, it could just be because no one on the forum knows though, but there are important things to be considered such as posture, stance and power generation... thats what makes CLF instead of hung gar, ngo chor or wing chun after all

dawood

Originally posted by dezhen2001
    so how come you couldnt answer my question before and instead changed the subject? its getting a bit slippery dude.

dawood
    I just found that on some internet site. I didn't know what I know now.

which site?

dawood

www.borders.com
    it was in a book review for a San Soo book. What a coincidence right?

Practical Assessment of Traditional Methods..., December 21, 2002
    Reviewer: C.J. Hardman (see more about me) from San Diego, CA USA
    Author Greg Jones presents the style of Jimmy Woo (not to be confused with James Wing Woo) in a practical and complete light. A brief history of Jimmy Woo's San Soo Kung Fu is offered, with indepth handling of topics such as striking, leverage, balance, etc. There is a lot of writing in this book, it is not a picture how-to book. You will find a detailed explanation of how to understand why these methods work. Jones offers detailed reasoning behind all of the major theories of San Soo, and professionally shot photos give examples which help explain concepts. Jimmy Woo's San Soo is a descendent of Choi Li Fut kung fu, stripped down to its most practical elements. Woo was a strong believer in using what was effective and winning the battle without delay. Jones does an excellent job of explaining that message to those of us who haven't studied Woo's San Soo Kung Fu but would like to understand the concepts of the art and gain an insight into how a fighter and survivor like Jimmy Woo thought.
    yup, that really gives us a lot of info on the book But id like to know more about the practitioner who wrote this.

dont worry about it man, its not some global conspiracy on san soo or anything, just some questions about things that some have noticed and like me who have never really seen it or heard of it before.

dawood

Jimmy Woo's San Soo is a descendent of Choi Li Fut kung fu, stripped down to its most practical elements. Woo was a strong believer in using what was effective and winning the battle without delay."

After reading this whole freaking thread last night (I'm not sure why) I thought to myself - why not post? Why not indeed?

Seeing as its stripped down Choi Li Fut - can someone who knows tell me how old CLF is? I have a feeling its less than 2,000 years...

The next question would have to be why this guy had their treasured manuals if he wasn't a CLF sifu? Stranger and stranger.

Also seeing as your art is ment to be southern does it look anything like a Hakka or southern art? You know - Fau Chum Tung Tou, Hum Hung Bart Boy, bridging skills, short power, iron palm, bone conditioning, etc.

I'm interested to know what your power generation theories are?

Here's to another 16 pages of babbling.

LOL lowlynobody

For the first time, there is a decent explanation of Woo's San Soo Kung Fu history, which should put to rest rumors that he was an American Kenpo breakaway (he wasn't). Jimmy Woo, this volume explains, was originally schooled in Chai Li Fut (aka Choy Lay Fut) kung fu, and a chart on page 37 of this volume illustrates his lineage. Gatewood offers all the specifics of Woo's hostory, including his immigration to the US via forged papers (one of the reasons he changed his name--don't confuse him with James Wing Woo!).
    some more info... does anyone have that book? or know whats in it?

dawood

Check out this post from ExtraJoseph on the Southern Forum after Xie took the topic over there:

It is all in the names: "Germpest" says it all about you and "American Kung Fu San Soo" says all about the system you are studying.

Kung Fu San Soo means a loose collection of hands, it is not even the whole thing and American means it has been westernized, so "American Kung Fu San Soo" means it is an incomplete and westernized system of CMA done by the Americans! Yuk!

Need I say more? Jimmy Woo or whatever his real name is did studied CLF, he was a humble guy and he knew what he was doing when he set up the name for his system so don't insult him with your antics. XLW set you a trap and you fall straight into it.

Walk away, my friend, cut your losses, no one will win in a situation like this.
    Ha ha! Say what you mean, XJ!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by dezhen2001
    LOL lowlynobody

some more info... does anyone have that book? or know whats in it?

dawood
    When I opened the link I got a blurb on the new Harry Potter book. Looking forward to reading that, but it doesn't shed any light on this issue

LOL lowlynobody

You think my wasting my time on this thread is funny? You *******s should all be beaten with big heavy fake chinese books that open the wrong way.

When I opened the link I got a blurb on the new Harry Potter book. Looking forward to reading that, but it doesn't shed any light on this issue

Maybe it does? Maybe the new book is all about CLF that is stripped down so it's not CLF and Hung Ga that isn't Hung Ga. Maybe its all in code. So it looks like just some jibberish about kid magikers and stuff. Maybe so...

.....wait.........am I trolling?

Nah!

The one serious thing that interests me in this thread is how these guys generate power. I think your proof can be found there. If its southern and they have no power and have no concept of how to generate ging then to me that's it.

Lowlynobody.