Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Four new Quicktime clips

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    horrible footwork and balance. The head was also left unprotected and the punches were wide and angular. I thought mantis looked like this:
    http://www.8step.com/mantis/gallery/...ter_mantis.jpg
    http://www.8step.com/mantis/gallery/finley_neckhit.jpg
    http://www.8step.com/mantis/sifufalling.gif

Nice suits. Where can I pick up something like that?

Best regards,
    UM.

A Bet

Better for Enforcer to show us what _HIS_ mantis looks like.
    I'll bet that he will not do it. Any takers??
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

MonkeyBoy Guest
    Is it not unfair to compare pictures with video footage in this type of discussion?

4. well you jump around too much in the running clips in my opinion. and the attacks didn't seem really commited.

:)

That offer to mapquest enforcer to my doorstep is still open. I'll even pay for the gas chief. PLEASE!!!!

Sayloc

I do not think 18 elders post meant any harm, we are grown men here right!? Enforcer has an agenda and we are unfortunately being subjected to it. But... who really cares. Consider the source, and lets move on.

I am very lucky to have access to some of Tainan Mantis`s work. This man is a very serious Mantis boxer. He is good at his craft.

I`m sure when I put up clips, I`ll go thru the same shiat. My goal is the same as the rest of the men, to share.

7. another praying mantis guy on bullshido said about the clips:
    None of them include free sparring, but never the less they look fine, basic two man drilling. They look like they are working hard at it, which is better than what is usually broadcasted.
    http://bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17873

Not really my place to say anything, but...

I have seen this every single time someone has posted a clip here.

This is what happens.

1) A clip is posted.

2) People thank the poster and give positive comments on the clip.

3) Someone comments on the clip in a more negative manner.

4) The whole board is upset. This is where things start going wrong. Threats, "Where's YOUR clip?", and other logical fallacies surface.

5) With some luck, people will eventually go back to discussing the clips again.

OK. If a clip is posted, it is subjected to any kind of criticism, we all agree on that. Or at least we all say that.
    If a person doesn't quantify what he thinks is missing from a given clip, then his comments should be ignored. If he keeps on posting, then it's the moderators' business to take care of him. But in any case, negative comments with suggestions or ideas are actually the best possible posts the original poster can hope for. Anybody can say "Great job!", but you cannot learn anything from that (well, unless someone says "I especially liked that and that"). Also, constructive criticism can only come from someone with experience, whereas positive comments (with no substance) can come from just about anybody. It's with constructive criticism that we all learn something. And learn we must, no one here is quite complete yet, right?

Now, if anyone has any hidden agendas, then it's again the moderators' business to deal with that. Do not let a bully distract you from what's important. And if he isn't a bully but one of the few daring, outspoken peeps with experience in the style in question, then listen to him.

Don't shoot the messenger before you are sure you have received the full message from him

----------------------

Anyways, great clips, especially the two-man drills. I do not know enough about the weapons (or Tang Lang, for that matter) to say anything about them, but the empty-hand clips are very flowing

//mika
    Last edited by Mika; 10-23-2004 at 12:43 AM.
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

9. So, seeing how you have a lot of fighting info in your head I invite you to direct us to the internet location were we may view you in action.

Thanks in advance.
    how bout a throwdown?
    Last edited by BeiTangLang; 10-23-2004 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks Kevin for sharing your clips. I had downloaded them for quite a while from that other thread you posted, but there was also the 'Piercing the ear' clip missing/not working.
    I didn't have the time to watch the clips more carefully yet, but I really liked those 'sticky jian' clips (also bengshao, jiakai slice knees). I like the idea of some kind of 'ting jin' with swords. Is this intended or did I get that wrong?

Best regards,

Puja

A side-note

Originally posted by Mika

Now, if anyone has any hidden agendas, then it's again the moderators' business to deal with that. Do not let a bully distract you from what's important. And if he isn't a bully but one of the few daring, outspoken peeps with experience in the style in question, then listen to him.
    //mika
    Hidden agendas are no longer a part of the moderators concerns.
    I moderate several boards now & this one is the least strict by a long shot. The members voted & the majority wanted it this way.
    ~BTL

P.S.
    Cross-linking to another board however is not allowed. If you want to discuss something,...do it here.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

yushan

I know 18 did not mean any harm. I understand why he would defend his friend. It just seemed like he let the other guy reel him in.

Sorry if I came accross the wrong way.

If I am not mistaken 18 has given me some good info in the past and I appreciate it.

I still think that ignoring negative posts without any real substance behind them is the best way to cut out a lot of
    useless chatter back and forth. Let them say what they want and that will be the end.

That way I can get to the informative posts faster!

Have a good day

sayloc

no worries, I know where your coming from. I`ve told this person not to give merit to this behavior. 18-Elders is a great guy, short on communications here, but will talk your ear off about Mantis in person. He is my gongfu brother, he likes to talk, I like to walk. This being said, 18 backs up his stuff!

Mika

I appreciate tuff guys, they will hopefully improve me... and make me study that much harder.

Originally posted by BeiTangLang
    Hidden agendas are no longer a part of the moderators concerns.
    I moderate several boards now & this one is the least strict by a long shot. The members voted & the majority wanted it this way.
    ~BTL
    BTL, then I am mistaken. I should come here more often so I would know what I am talking about. Making assumptions is dangerous, and I take responsibility for my words. If the members have decided to deal with any hidden agendas themselves, that's how it is. My bad...

By the way, when and where did this voting take place? A link to a thread, maybe?

Cheers

//mika
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men