Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: reiki

1. Thumbs up

"How often has assertions that defy "science" turned out to actually be science (ie: the earth is flat/round, the earth is the center of the universe, the atom is the smallest particle of matter, etc...) It is our blind faith that science is the answer that confines our creativity.. as Einstein said, "imagination is more important than knowledge".. Just a suggestion: rather than asserting that "Ki blast is a bull", how about "i have no evidence to support Ki blast".. here we leave open the opportunity to evaluate new evidence if it should be presented..etc."

Always the same.

"As of difference, because swimming is very linear, it doesn't use full range of motion nor idea of meredian being emphasised in swimming. But the same can be said about taijiquan compared with yoga or qigong. There are postures in yoga which are not performed in taijiquan simply because it is martially impractical. Main emphasis of taijiqaun are few major meredian points and dantien while if you practice medical qigong, I assume, focus is entire spectrum of meredian points. Of course if someone swim 1 hours every day and if I do taijiquan 10 minitues a day, swimmer is probably far healthier."
    Could you approach this objectively?
    It is safe to say that swimming is healty but relatively little known tai ji knows of little evidence over swimming.
    I remember one time I was reading KFO I saw someone state something like "only if you want to live a short life" as a response to a question whether someone should do qi-gong/related exercise (in which it was later pointed out that it may not be that necessary,this was what triggered the response)
    It is this kind of stuff aforementioned that I view as highly dangerous and it makes me hope ppl will not take it seriously (unfortunately some might)

I believe you understand what I mean.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

the thing with science is that it can both enlighten and hold us back. anything that does not fit into the laws of science are deemed either miracles or rubbish. the laws of science are made by men and men dont have all the answers so therefore neither does science!! although it is certainly is growing day by day.
    science for example has not quantifable way to explain consciousness but none of us can deny that it exists!!
    maybe reiki , fa jing chi is all in the mind as some would suggest.
    some things just cant be nailed down and i vote if they work use them!!

i just love these smiley face things!!

3. Thumbs up

"science for example has not quantifable way to explain consciousness but none of us can deny that it exists!!"

I think these days some actually study the conciousness itself.
    Anyway,these days it is more than safe to say the conciousness is produced in the brain (if not,then all the work of psychology and neuroscience shall be debunked) but to track it down to a certain area is hardly possible.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Greetings..

Oh boy, here we go... not to incite a philosophical debate, but..

It is as equally valid to assert that consciousness exists independent of the brain.. that the brain is simply the tool used to manifest consciousness in the physical aspect of our existence.. the brain/mind may well be the interface between our physical existence and our spiritual existence.. or, as ancient Taoist texts say.. Man (humans) is the connection (interface) between heaven and earth..

Science (psychology/neuroscience) is sort of like the mechanic at an auto shop, they can tune up the machine (mind) but ultimately the driver/owner (spirit) decides the direction and speed of his own vehicle..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Metaphysics Not Physics

Laws of universe are not made by us. We merely discovere it.

Problem with people who assert "emperical" existence of ki/shen is that they are totally aiming at the wrong target. Ki/shen is metaphysical concept. Trying to convert that into phsycis is totally futile.

We know love exist. And science no doubt one day figure out exact brain chemistries involved in love. But can you understand love by studying brain chemistry? Absolutely not. If one want to understand love, it is far better to read poetry or book or watch romantic movies. Or much better thing is to go out with someone or get married.

If you want to understand ki/shen, practice your energy arts be it be qigong yoga or taijiquan. Every moment you spend on physics of ki/shen are wasted moment.
    Engrish does not mine strong point.

6. Thumbs up

"Problem with people who assert "emperical" existence of ki/shen is that they are totally aiming at the wrong target. Ki/shen is metaphysical concept. Trying to convert that into phsycis is totally futile."
    Yeah.

"We know love exist. And science no doubt one day figure out exact brain chemistries involved in love. "
    I think it has been discovered to a good degree already!!
    I cannot recall the neurotransmitters and all involved but thatīs how goes.
    I argue though that it may be a good way to understand such,itīs biology after all.
    Alternatively you can go for evolutionary psychology.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Greetings..

Too often we confuse the measurement for that which we are measuring.. it is what it is.. the measurement, the description, the explanation are all abstractions of the thing itself..beneath all the science is what the science seeks, what it is.. and, by my own attempts to understand it, it is simply energy behaving according to our direction and awareness..

be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

o.k. I might came off being too harsh. Here is a quote from someone which express my point.

"The pursuit of esoterica for its own sake is self defeating and misguided. The discovery of esoteric principles through deep study of an art is not. " - Ian McDonald

And the best description of this thread is

"The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment." - The Wastrel
    Engrish does not mine strong point.