Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jet Li Movie "Danny the dog"

New Jet Li Movie "Danny the dog"

Apparently, the next Jet Li movie is called 'Danny the Dog",
    co-starring Morgan Freeman. Nothing much is known at this moment, they are very hush hush about the script. The movie is being film in Scotland.

Picts and Info below...

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...6790892,18326,

No offense but this sounds like a$$. A collar that prevents him from combat? Once removed he becomes a simpleton killing machine?? Eeesh. We need to come up with some better roles for this guy. He used to play heroes and the leading role in all his movies in the East. Now... he is relegated to total shiyt! What he needs in a Dictation Coach on set. Arnold "No Last Name Needed" knew he needed a speech coach or he would never go big. Same thing goes for Jet.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

No dogs or Chinese

It does look pretty bad for Jet. It's like they are reducing him to some kind of animal. But I like Freeman and Hoskins, so I'll wait to pass judgement until I know more. Hopefully it'll break Jet out of the Chuck-Norris-Good-Guys-Wear-Black mode. That's been so over done in our genre.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Jet needs to reprise his role of Wong Fei Hung for a Hollywood audience...

Or do a predator 3 movie...

or mix 'em and do

PREDATOR: once upon a time in China

who wouldn't go see that!!!

wow.. that actually sounds good... =p
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Hmmm... predator in china eh?
    Uhhh... anyway yea looks pretty weird maybe its gonna have some crazy fighting in it though but the plot sucks!!!
    Jet better make a good movie out of this.. Freeman too i like both!!!
    Last edited by Surferdude; 03-06-2003 at 06:14 PM.
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

typecasting jet

Jet's characters have been in transition. He went from the sweet innocent boy in Shaolin Temple and Fong Sai Yuk to the dark, silent stranger in pretty much all of his U.S. films. The One was rahter interesting in this respect because Jet tried to navigate through both characters.

Part of his silence is due to the language. He hasn't been able to surmount his accent like Arnie, Jackie or even Bruce. Part of his darkness is the change in his complexion. His baby-boy face has lost it's smooth skin, making him appear more villianous. Now in Hero, his Chinese venture, he is the dark, silent stranger. Unfortunately, these strangers are fairly one-dimensional, and Jet is going to have to do something radical to break out of it. Maybe Danny the Dog is a good choice, since it will force him to act again. We'll see. I'm skeptical because of the racial implications.

What I would really like to see from Jet is for him to kiss the babe in the end. He really needs that. All asian role models need that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What I would really like to see from Jet is for him to kiss the babe in the end. He really needs that. All asian role models need that.
    hmmmm... might you be projecting there a bit...?

Stacey Guest
    no he's right, jet acts like a *** in the US. Won't dance with Alliya in her video even though he did wushu/dance and knows how to move. Half the stuff in the shaolin temple was breakdancing.

He also acts neutered. I want to see him really turn it on....turn a good girl into a ****...something to redeem himself.

This is something from Jet Li's website that has me excited about the movie:

"Well, we are approaching the half way point of this shoot. March is what we are terming as the FIGHT MONTH. This month, Master Woo Ping is dealing with one fight sequence after another. Some of the more dramatic fighting beats are being shot right now...end sequences, mid story sequences, so on and so forth. The Fight Team is kept quite busy. The styles of the combat, from what I have observed, have been quite grounded and hard core. Very few, and I mean very few, cables had been used. When the cables were used, they were used to assist the movements and the impacts of the action. I saw some of the rough footage and they are quite invigorating. As per classic Woo Ping style, all shots are wide and steady. We SEE everything. Add to it, it's been a long time since Jet and Woo Ping have worked together, we find Jet involved with almost every single shot of combat. It's like a duet. Master is happy that he can create movements for an actor who is capable of doing the movements. And Jet is happy to be involved."

11. Thumbs up

Jet has said that he is "not a very good actor" (or something) and does not prefer acting with emotional content.
    This movie sounds nuts.Now I wonder if Li needs some education to not get into such movies,and with actors like Morgan Freeman and Bob Hoskins? This is some surrealistic stuff.
    "Danny the Dog" sounds like a warm hearted,pet involving,drama suitable for all ages.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

surreal?

Try Jackie Chan, Sly, & Whoopi together for surreal. Who remembers that one?

DS: Name me an asian male kissing a non-asian female in Hollywood cinema. Now name me a non-asian male kissing an asian female... What can be said but the ultimate asian line - "me so *****"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

"Name me an asian male kissing a non-asian female in Hollywood cinema. "

Didn't Uncle what's his name kiss the big Aunt Jemima lookin' lady in Rumble in the Bronx :P

Also, Jet Li in The One.

But you are right Gene, it's slim pickens. Jet should have kissed Ahliya in RMD. The build up up was right there, then... holding hands.

Aunt Jemima don't count

Not to put down Aunt Jemima. You know how long I've been trying to hook up one of our classmates with an aunt Jemima-type, hasayfu. Actually Jackie kissed the white girl lead in Battlecreek Brawl, in his underwear even. At least I think he did - that was a long time ago (can you beleive 23 years ago?) Plus he also kissed a man in that one. Jackie also kissed the stunning Roselyn Sanchez in Rush Hour 2, but she's more latina. We want the white women.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Roselyn Sanchez!!!

Hey!!!
    I'd take Miss PR over most white w'mens!!!!
    Thank gawd my girlfriend never reads this forum!!!