Thread: your cross step

your cross step

for me it's called New Do Ma, I'm not sure what it's called in other styles. But I was wondering if any of you do it with both feet entirely on the ground, and I mean a low cross step. If so how have you streched your A Tendion I can't spell the word...akiles? Whats the best stretch in your opinion for them. I want to get my cross step proper. thanks

germpest

I feel it would be better for you, To ask your teacher to help you! For the Reason that your style differs from most CMA!

Good Luck!
    ~Jason
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

I already have. but i don't think you helped. You didn't even tell me if cross steps were done on the toes? or not.

cross-step is usually a 90-10 weight distribution with the 90 % on the flat foot, and 10% on the other foot which is raised on its toes. It can be in front of or behind the other foot.

thanks

I've seen Wah Lum people do it with the heel down in some moves. If you're supposed to do it that way, you can eventually get there. Practice the stance at the height and length at which you can put your heel down, and gradually work lower/longer. I prefer heel up, because it's more mobile.

PLC

thanks, PLCrane

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

achilles stretch

go to a wall at home or school or work. Place the ball of your foot on the top of the baseboard leaving the heel on the ground. Press your knee to the wall. If you can get to the wall already then raise the level of the ball of your foot to lengthen the achilles tendon before moving the knee in.

I think you can also just pull back on the foot with both hands when you are sitting on the floor.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Face the stairs. Stand with your heels off of the step. Heels below step, and you are stretching.

I No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Crane Cross-Step: For use in protecting your back at all times. Simply cross step over your other foot and turn around to face attack as smoothly as possible. Repeat 50,000 times, you have it, second nature.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by germpest View Post
    I want to get my cross step proper. thanks
    What do you intend to use your corss step for?

- Linear to close distance? or
    - circular to spin your body?

If you use it for "linear", it's good to hide your intention. If you use it for "circular", you will do yourself a favor by removing it out of your training.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    9 year old thread...i'd say he either figured it out or it doesn't matter anymore : )
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"