Thread: What do you guys think of this school?

What do you guys think of this school?

http://www.nationaltaekido.com/

These guys were handing out flyers at some dragon boat races I was watching on the weekend. I missed all their demos, but got a flyer.

I am not sure what I think
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

It looks good, from the pictures I saw it looks good...
    I think its cool that their practicing in the water too...
    and that they do cool jump kicks and stuff I love kicks!!!
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

blek!

It sounds utterly bogus! Why even waste your time thinking about it?

I wasn't planning to join up - I am happy where I am. I just didn't really know what to think of them. I guess I am usually dubious of arts where some dude has hybridised a few arts - which is pretty hypocritical considering the origin of the art I practice . I am always dubious when the name is made up of terms from different languages.

They may well be really good. I just wanted opinions I guess
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Thumbs up

Aikido and TKD? That's cool! You throw him then fly kick his azz b4 he lands
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

(Aikido and TKD? That's cool! You throw him then fly kick his azz b4 he lands)

Its called Hapkido and its been around for quite a while now.

I think it's common in TKD dojangs to add a few throws and locks and then claim mastery in Hapkido. Never seen a legit school that only teaches Hapkido, can you hook me up with a link?
    Would be cool, thx
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Can't help you there. I did take hapkido for 3 years but our instructors were from Brunei and couldn't make a living here so moved back. You're right though most of the TKD schools in Edmonton say they teach Hapkido but its not nearly as extensive as the club I was in.

Looks like a modern Japan/Korea Hybred if yo ask me. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. I don't see any common warning signes in the groups webste. Personally, I'd stick to the Ngo Chor if it was me, but everyone must follow their own path.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Like I said, I am very happy with my Ngor Chor and have no intention of leaving, or of joining this school. I was just curious what everyone else thought because I got one of their flyers on the weekend and I wasn't really sure about them.

I'm sorry, but just that fact that they call it "Taekido" is enough to turn me away.

That was my initial reaction too.