Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: :-(

Exclamation American Zenophobia and Racism

Crimson, it really s#cks that you feel uncomfortable posting here on kfo these days. Its too bad that this government's propaganda machine has bred such zenophobia and displaced rage and racism. Bush's "You're either for us or against us" policy is devisive and insidious, resulting in derogatory sentiments towards France and many other nations. But believe me, not all US citizens feel this way (mostly just the ones that the media covers, exagerating & compounding the problem). And Paris is still one of my favorite cities!

I've tried to stay out of the political debates on kfo, i don't really think this is the place for it. I would rather debate politics on a political forum and leave this place for what we have in common and for the martial arts related knowlege and ideas that I respect the people who post here for. But some people's ignorant racism surfaces here, and thats unfortunate.

I despise President Bush, i think he's a tyrannical imperialist and I hope he gets impeached over this fiasco.

Of course I also think Saddam is a terrible dictator who suppresses & lies to his people and i certainly wouldnt stick up for him. But I think Bush lies to us and the world just as much. Theyre both aweful men. I would like to see a more free Iraq without Saddam, but not this way...

I am against the process and methods that this administration has undertaken. I really don't think Iraq is that much of a danger to the US; we have been subject to scare tactics and propoganda designed to scare us into military aggression and the real danger of terrorism is being compromised and used as an excuse to propagate US & British imperialism in the Middle East. It is NOT all about oil, althought that is certainly part of it...It is about global domination...The real danger is the hatred that this first strike policy will breed in others around the world. It sends a terrible message to the rest of the world about what America really stands for and I think that will ultimately set us back in making the world a freer and more equal place.

Now that the our troops are over there, I support them and hope they get the job done with as fast as possible with minimal casualties for both US military and Iraqie citizens.

I just think that Bush is setting dangerous precedents and is doing more to divide the world than bring it together. His policies are spawning zenophobia and racism. He is jeopordizing our constitutional rights rights as well as the concept of world democracy, although he states otherwise. His logic is flawed and he openly disrespect the opinions of other world leaders, as well as discenting voices here in the US (and there are many). Hopefully this will be the final nail in his coffin as far as his chances of getting re-elected in '04.

I don't consider myself a 'peace-nic'; I just think that the real danger is the personal freedoms and world relations that we're sacrificing in aggressively rushing into war in such an un-democratic way.

What ever happened to good ol fashioned free-thinking and rebellion? Bush has so many people in this country in his front pocket, championing his skewed ideals and battle cry, like a bunch of flag waving robots. Its truely bizzare.

Thumbs up

http://www.susqu.edu/satsci/00-06-24/Image566.jpg

"War? Gave us a good laugh... Thank you."

Crimson, I think you might have a little bit of a stronger feeling being one of the few fenchmen on this board (French Canadians don't count ) .....

But I would like to point out that the whole pick on the French thing has come about pretty late, otherwise it has been pick on the americans. If you go back and look at the political threads that have been started on this board over the last year you're going to see quite a few anti-american type threads, telling us how loud and boisterous we are and how bullish and nosy our government is in the affairs of the world. I think what you are getting is the backlash. Right now Americans in general are feeling this way and the French government has put itself up as the most vocal of our opposition and hence made themselves the target of our jokes and our frustration.
    Sadly, it will soon go from the French (They have offered military support in case of chemical or biological attacks from Iraq) to making fun of Iraqis, and even in some severe cases muslims.

But USA is the center of the universe !

Anyway, Crimson, I think France and Germany are doing a good thing, and you are a good man. Political issues aside, we can hope for the least amount of blood spilled, and a quick resolution.

As for me, I think John Coward , oops Howard should send his kids to war since he is so passionate about it.

I think there is going to be enough anger and enough bloodshed in the world here soon enough. You guys lay off the French, and anyone else who doesn't really deserve it!

Can we still make fun of the Americans though?

Seriously, I think things have gotten a bit too aggressive on the forum lately. Inevitable given the current circumstances I guess, but let's just try to cool it down a bit hey?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by joedoe
    Can we still make fun of the Americans though?
    Of course

Hmmmm seriously, I am not putting another tick next to a Liberal if I can help it...

I don't know about the French, but I do know very few people pick on us Dago's (Italians) because we have that whole Mafia thing going for us. Maybe if France got it's own Mafia, no one would pick on it anymore?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Re: Look on the Bright side.

Originally posted by Stumblefist
    Look at it this way.
    You're lucky you're not a Canadian or even worse..
    a French Canadian.
    Tu te penses comique mon tabarnac?...

Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
    LOL KC...dun worry mate, I'm used to thread hijacking here...

Budo, thanks for the advice...however I only lose my precious qi to some breathtaking exotic babe hehehhe

and by the way, french fries are very likely to be...french...there are records from the 17th centuries of guys cutting potatoes in slices and frying them, selling them at the bridge called "Pont Neuf"...hence the name "pommes Pont Neuf" (don't be fooled if you ever see that name in a restaurant, it's really only fries LOL).
    It's true!!

I don't know if the French kiss really is French though...
    really? I thought they descended from the belgian frite. I heard that because of all of this, there is some motion to change the name from french fries to freedom fries - wtf? dunno if it's true, but if it is, we're in a SAD state
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

French fries, Freedom fries, back home we still call them Pommes Frites.

And I believe the originated in belgium no france.

Witty signature under construction.

Firstly, I don't click on any thread relating to Iraq unless it is a joke/funny post.

Secondly, there is difference between dissing French policy and French people. Once you start calling them monkey, that is where you cross the line.

Thirdly, if any issue is poisoning friendly atomospher of this forum, it is responsibility of moderator to ban any topics relating to the issue.

Lastly, if you want to avoid total ban on iraq issue and still want to exercise your right to free speech, be reasonable and accept that everyone has right to their own opinion.

If you think anyone with anti-war opinion are traitor or anyone with pro-war opinion are Nazi, you are not qualified to perticipate in civilized discussion.
    Engrish does not mine strong point.

Wink

You are so right!...We all have our little "white whale" to hunt.

Bah, you Frenchies moan even more than us whinging Pommes...

Vive la France!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

van Damme, Plastic Bertrand and French fries are from Belgium. Celin Dion is Canadian. So what the heck have the French contributed to the world?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.