Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The UN - Perhaps they have CAUSED this WAR?

Kung Lek
    Put a leftist spin on anything and it sounds like murder, our intentions are not to kill innocent people.....something Saddam has done....

Here is a good read....
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...2/360lggnc.asp

I hate war, but don't want to see Saddam think he's backed into a corner later, and give weapons to take down who he thinks is backing him in (the US).
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

· Bush's original official stance was that the United Nations must force Iraq to disarm, in keeping with treaties signed after Iraq's 1991 defeat after invading Kuwait. His charges that Iraq had failed to honor these promises led the United Nations to force it to further disarm;
    Iraq didn't disarm.
    · According to the official report of UN weapons inspectors, as delivered Friday, March 7 by Hans Blix, Iraq has made "significant" steps toward disarming, among other things destroying many of its missiles;
    Depends on how you define "significant". Destroying missles found by the inspectors that Iraq claimed they didn't have in the first place doesn't seem like "significant" steps to me. Also, what about all the unaccounted for chemical and biological weapons?
    · According to additional reports, Iraq may have destroyed most or all of its chemical and biological weapons early in the 1990s;
    From another article I read: "Blix in his reports has disputed Iraq's claim to have destroyed 21,000 liters, or about 5,500 gallons, of biological-warfare agents, including anthrax, 12 years ago."

At the behest of the UN, Iraq has significantly weakened its ability to defend its citizens from mass slaughter by an attacking superpower.
    Wouldn't the weapons destroyed by the inspectors(tha long range missles) more likely be used to bombard Israel as Iraq tried in the first Gulf War? How would this help Iraq defend itself from Stealth Bombers?

The war will start.

However, it IS the US and Bush that are making the CHOICE to do this.

Could others have changed things and averted it - possibly...

But, we are ALL still accountable for our actions. It is the US decision to go it alone and laying blame or responsibility anywhere but with the US Bush administration is cowardly. They are calling the shots.

Is it right or wrong...time will tell. But, saying that someone else MADE you do anything is nonsense. The bar scenario...well, most reasonable people KNOW that placing oneself in bad situations leads to bad happenings. Most confrontations ARE avoidable. Many times they are NOT avoided out of ego or poor planning. We have a bit of both on ALL sides here.

I hope for all of our sakes this doesn't go badly. But I won't count on it.

As it goes down...NOW keep an eye on what is going to be slid through on the domestic side. It will be a great shell game. They are starting with drilling in Alaska...benefits to Vets will follow and other things that cost too much ...

Agree with GLW.

We all knew that the war was going to happen one way or the other a LOOONG time ago.

Laying blame and pointing fingers does nothing for anybodies credibility.

Reminds me of the arguments used in a lot of stupid lawsuits.
    Witty signature under construction.