Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Protestors 0, MonkeySlap 2

Hmm, old lady in distress, no one helping. I'll just stand and watch, because thats what a compassionate liberal should do. Grow up, serpent.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

If a cop was looking on and doing nothing then I doubt that the "evil protestors" were much of a threat. Congratulations on your vigilantism though. In Stalinist Russia they used similar "peer pressure" tactics to keep the opposition quiet.

"Compassionate Liberal"=The new code word for any one not willing to sell their soul to the Bush Junta. Wear it like a badge of Honor.

I think this story is BS. Things don't add up monkeyslap. In reality I can't imagine a cop sitting by and watching some old lady get roughed up by some thugs, and then sit by some more while you slap them around.
    I think more likely you don't like cops, want to sound like a tough guy and a hero at the same time who could care less abotu the consequences as long as you were doing good.

MS-2
    Don't let Serpent get to you.
    According to him/her I'm an idiot because I believe in something I saw on the Discovery channel.
    Last edited by logic; 03-20-2003 at 05:00 PM.
    Honest Neutral Clarity

Could you please answer the question of how the old lady was in distress? What were these two doing to threaten her? Yelling? Rocking her car? Pounding on the window? Trying to open the door?

Your response may have been totally appropriate or a gross overreaction, depending.

You stated she was in a car and they were on bicycles. That sounds to me like she was well insulated from any assault they may have been able to mount, and able to get away much faster than they could follow. Tell me if I'm wrong, and how, please.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

heres my advice monkey slap. Next time you want to sound like a hero on the kungfu forum, mention things like ninjas, or make sure th cop was afraid because all he knew was bjj and you came to save the day with CMA. Also, to be a real tough guy instead of "sleep" I would say something like "killed". Then when you starte getting questions about what the cop was doing say something like you slap him with his own gun when he tried to draw it on you, or he went to handcuff you but you used some really cool chin na to get the cuffs on him as he was trying to put them on you.
    Also, knives always sounds good, say the guys had knives. The old lady thing was good though, an oldie but a goodie I guess.

Red5angel

Yeah, it does sound a little far fetched

But I still think they should play by the rules while we are on high alert. The police have enough on their hands tring to protect us.
    Honest Neutral Clarity

"But I still think they should play by the rules while we are on high alert. The police have enough on their hands."

absolutely brother, there is enough tension to go around.

Sure CSN - they were banging on her car and reaching in at her. As traffic was blocked, unless she was willing to hurt and possibly kill, she had nowhere to go.

My choice to escalate only came when one of the two I grabbed onto tried to get physical with me. I had simply planned a stern lecture.

You should have seen the cops face. He just did not care.

FYI - I am not interested in tough guy status, and have no beef with the police. But dangit man, you should have seen that womans face and her crying. You'd have to be a completely cowardly, craven, self-centered SOB not to do something.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

here try this one out:

I was walking to work one morning when I passed these three guys about 20'ish, who were pointing behind them in the direction I was walking. As I passed I saw one guy hand the other guy his walkman and he fell in behind me. Thats when I noticed the guy sleeping on the bench down the sidewalk. The song on my own headphones had stopped and I heard something behind me about "get his wallet" and "hit him before he wakes up" So I kept walking took my backpack off and sat down next to the guy who was sleeping while pretending to rummage through my bag. The guy behind me cursed at me shook his head turned and walked away. I thought for sure him and his freinds would come back for me but they kept walking.

real or fake? you tell me

Originally posted by logic
    MS-2
    Don't let Serpent get to you.
    According to him/her I'm an idiot because I believe in something I saw on the Discovery channel.
    Actually, that was JoeDoe.

But I do think you're an idiot.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by BeiKongHui
    If a cop was looking on and doing nothing then I doubt that the "evil protestors" were much of a threat. Congratulations on your vigilantism though. In Stalinist Russia they used similar "peer pressure" tactics to keep the opposition quiet.

"Compassionate Liberal"=The new code word for any one not willing to sell their soul to the Bush Junta. Wear it like a badge of Honor.

Amen to that!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
    Sure CSN - they were banging on her car and reaching in at her. As traffic was blocked, unless she was willing to hurt and possibly kill, she had nowhere to go.

My choice to escalate only came when one of the two I grabbed onto tried to get physical with me. I had simply planned a stern lecture.

You should have seen the cops face. He just did not care.
    All right, this is a bit different now. They were reaching in at her apparently, so that actually makes it an assault, not simply harrassment.

In which case, why was the cop doing nothing? Doesn't add up, man.

Thanks for the clarification. Much as I oppose how this war has come about and will be waged, I find myself irritated at the overly-simplistic viewpoints of many protestors the same as I am with many of the hawkish wing. And of course pr!ck b@stards come in all political stripes.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Sure. Those protesters do sound like a-holes. But I still wonder why MSToo slapped them down and the cop paid no attention to their initial assault and MSToo's subsequent assault on them.