Thread: 5 shaolin animal

5 shaolin animal

I don' t know if this a form, I have seen it broken up different times but if anyone knows where I could get a video that has this I would appreciate a link please....

Hung gar kungfu has the set "ng ying kuen" or more simply "five animals" and contains in one set the five main animals of the shaolin teachings.

These are Tiger, Leopard, Crane, Snake and Dragon.

you will be able to find this information fairly readily available in video format.

There is also the "5 animals" style, which has each animal in it's own set.

Besides this, there is the Ha say fu style which also seperates each animal into it's own set with each animal having a specific focus in it's training methodology.

There are also many other animals in kungfu styles, such as monkeys, horses, bears, insects, etc etc.

For instance, there are 10 animals associated with Hsing I.

But the five main ones are commonly propogated through the Hung Gar style, the Ha say fu style and the Shaolin 5 animals style.

There are videos available for all these styles as well as some books.
    Use your search engine for a start.

I didn't find any specific tapes at the sponsor of this site unfortunately, or I would have just linked you into martialartsmart.com

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Aside: there might actually be twelve animals associated with Hsing-I.

Here's one page with a 5 animals style video
    Last edited by No_Know; 04-03-2003 at 01:31 AM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

As far as I know, there is a Songshan Shaolin 5 animals form which is different than the Hung Gar 5 animals, though both are based on the same animals: Tiger, Snake, Crane, Leopard, and Dragon.