• quick and soon over

6 60.00%
  • not sure.

3 30.00%
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL IRAQ topics here.

I don't know tech stuff.

Originally posted by joedoe
    Doesn't the Patriot missile system have an IFF built in? Seems like a serious oversight to me.
    The Planes & Tanks, etc are supposed to have IFF transmitters.
    So far all they said was that they can't figure out why it didn't work.

I think there were also probs in Desert Strom with some A-10's mistaking US Tanks for Iraqi owned Russian Tanks.

Seeya.
    Witty signature under construction.

That would make me decidedly unconfortable if I were a pilot. Surely they have the IFF thing right with their SAM batteries, so why would they have problems with Patriot? Seems strange to me.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

at the French and Belgian posters arguing over who owns the fries!

KFO has reached a new height in lineage and history debates!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

joedoe.

If i remember correctly there are 2 parts:
    1.) Patriot missile launcher
    2.) Control center.

Patriot Missile
    Witty signature under construction.

OIC. Thanks LC.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

LOL!!!!!

We could try and start a lineage debate with the New Zealanders over who made the first pavlova

Seems like they're having probs with the patriots. In addition to the Tornado incident, one of the batteries locked on to a US F-16 today, and the F-16 knocked it out before it could fire.

The vid was rough stuff, to be certain. The only thing that made me say wtf was the nature of the wounds. Looks like at least 2 soldiers were exicuted.

IFF isn't perfect or anything. Used to be you had a tech watching the screens, now its more mechanized [digitized] but there's no saying thats any better, just faster. You remember, we shot down a passenger jet awhile back, pre-Gulf I? Same kind of problem: the IFF read wrong.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

WOW, this is disorienting!

Uh, on the french thing? Aren't they busy in the Ivory Coast? Seems they're always sending troops someplace. Crimson?
    ---------------

Anyone following the weblogs?
    http://www.wbur.org/special/iraq/weblog/

http://slate.msn.com/id/2080273/

http://dear_raed.blogspot.com/
    D'you think that one is real? Its supposed to be an Iraqi

http://saddamhussein.blogspot.com/
    that one is- its gotta be.

worst case scenario fans

have they found this place yet? more facilities!
    Last edited by ZIM; 03-25-2003 at 06:35 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Merging the threads has made for a very confusing read

Originally posted by joedoe
    The silly thing is that the French oppose what the current day US leadership is doing. They still have a great deal of respect for that those WWII soldiers did for France. Two different things, but people seem to want to link them together. Silly
    Last I heard, the Frogs wanted to bulldoze a major portion of WWII cemitary and put in an airport. Don't know how much support that had, just heard it on the news in passing.

As for the link, I didn't check it out. I see no point. We knew there would be casualties, and war is gruesom. I don't blame the Iraqui soldiers for combat casualties. But if those were executions, I hope Bush doesn't back down on his promise to treat ALL those responsible as war criminals. Anything less than trying and executing anyone who can be determined to have participated in any part of that, in any way, would be criminal negligence on our part.

And no, for you dingbats that are thinking of asking me if that includes George Bush, it does not. You, though, are suspect!

Iran??

"British Royal Marine commandos on the Fao peninsula said Sunday that both they and low-flying US aircraft had come under sporadic fire from Iranian anti-aircraft batteries and fixed machine-gun posts.

The 40 Commando marines were in the town of Fao on the far south of the peninsula, just a few hundred metres (yards) from the Shatt al-Arab waterway that marks the border.

A Royal Marines spokesman said: "We are content that the fire from Iran was inaccurate and ineffective, but none the less puzzling".

The first of several volleys, witnessed by a reporter from London's Daily Mirror, was directed at a US A-10 Thunderbolt ground attack jet that swooped low over the Iraqi town to "buzz" a gun position."

full story @ spacewar.com...not much more, tho. Iran denies it...
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Thumbs up Send Thanks to the Troops/Link

For those that wish to send there thanks to the men and women of the U.S. armed forces for their courage and ongoing efforts overseas here is a great link and it only take like 10 seconds.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

btw-Kung Lek, please don't merge this post as the link to send the thank you message will be harder to find. Thanks.
    Regards

What about the British and Australian forces, fighting alongside?

Fukking Americans.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching