• long and drawn out

1 10.00%
  • quick and soon over

6 60.00%
  • not sure.

3 30.00%
Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL IRAQ topics here.

They don't really have the numbers for those on saddams side yet do they?.

not to be an ass, but oz had like 5g...... **** did they do in the war....sit in the barracks and play ping pong ....seriously didn't even know they were over there!!??????????.

Originally posted by diego
    I'm thinking the us and brits let the iraqi's do they thang thang to show them that they were not there to loot like the japs did in nanking.....things like that type of thinking
    Like if the coalittion said stop looting right away the iraqi's may have thunk why do you want us to stop looting, do you yanks want the palace goods etc!?.
    A certain amount of looting & destroying of Saddams stuff is ok and a needed form of release, IMO.

But when they start to go into Museums and destroy valuable historical artifacts objects for a bit of gold or for the sheer fun ot it.

There were also reports of looters going through shops, apartment buildings and similar, attacking fellow citizens for their stuff.
    They even ransacked the U.N. offices and tried to make off with the U.N. cars too.

In todays newspaper there was a pic of a guy carrying a SACK of cash from a bank and holding a knife to defend himself in case he gets attacked.

This type of "looting" has to be stopped before it even starts.

At the moment it is pretty much anarchy with the guys running unchecked and doing as they please.
    Nor do I belive will they look kindly upon the US troops turning round and saying give the stuff up that they looted under their noses.

Cheers.

Smile

not to be an ass, but oz had like 5g...... **** did they do in the war....sit in the barracks and play ping pong ....seriously didn't even know they were over there!!??????????.
    AFAIK, The ozzy's had mostly SAS types over there, and pilots. You didn't hear about them too much becoz they ate the reporters... too stringy tho...

In todays newspaper there was a pic of a guy carrying a SACK of cash from a bank and holding a knife to defend himself in case he gets attacked.
    Heck yeah! Thats what I'D be doing!!! More power to him! Capitalism RUN AMOK!!!!!
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

I agree with everything you say here; I just don't understand what your complaint is.
    I find it very hard to take this seriously, but here it is:

My complaint is that I don't want more terrorism, more Al-Qaeda, more Osama Bin Laden, more 9-11.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Laughing Cow
    Worse for whom the Iraqi citizens or the Coalition forces.
    Both.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    My complaint is that I don't want more terrorism, more Al-Qaeda, more Osama Bin Laden, more 9-11.
    Did anyone ever suggest anything to the contrary?

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    There are rights and wrongs in both extremes, but when weighed against what is truly democratic and high minded, what the US has done and is doing is wrong in so many ways.
    My point of view is that we must do whatever we can to minimize human suffering, regardless of geopolitical interests. I contend that from this point of view, what the US did was correct.

Do you value geopolitical intertests more than human suffering, or do you disagree with my analysis?
    Last edited by Christopher M; 04-14-2003 at 09:55 AM.

Iraqi Civilian Bodycount:

Min:

Mav:

Bored?

Become a Rent-A-Cop in sunny Iraq!

US citizenship is required. If interested, please call toll-free 866-258-8770 or email cops.recruiting@dyncorp.com or visit www.policemission.com.

Qualifications
    US Citizen
    Applicant must have a total of ten (10) years of sworn civilian domestic law enforcement experience.
    Actively serving sworn law enforcement officer, or recently separated sworn law enforcement official (within 5 years but 3 years is prefered).
    Ability to communicate in English.
    Valid US driver's license and ability to operate a standard transmission vehicle.
    Unblemished background.
    Excellent health.
    Valid U.S. passport will be required.
    We are seeking specialized skills - this is not a generalist position.

Additional details will be discussed.
    Last edited by ZIM; 04-14-2003 at 08:06 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

George W Bush says the world community "has a clear interest in the spread of democratic values, because stable and free nations do not breed the ideologies of murder. They encourage the peaceful pursuit of a better life."

A democratic Iraq according to Bush would be "a dramatic and inspiring example of freedom."

So with all this talk about democracy, why is the Bush administration actively undermining the democratically-elected government in Venezuela?

America rushed to recognise the coup last April.

In December Bush called for "early elections", ignoring the fact that President Chavez Frias has won three elections and two referendums and, in any case, early elections would be unconstitutional.

President Chavez probably got more votes than his nearest rival, something that Bush didn't achieve!!

Oil, wouldn't be the reason why America is wanting Chavez Frias out is it? Surely not!

Third Degree

Unhappy

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030414/140/dxqi3.html

----------------------------------------------------

Tuesday April 15, 08:50 AM
    Rumsfeld: Syria Has Chemical Weapons

Syria has conducted chemical weapons tests during the past 15 months, US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld has said. "We have seen chemical weapons tests in Syria over the past 12, 15 months," he said.Syria denies it has chemical weapons.

Rumsfeld said the United States also has intelligence that Syria has allowed Syrians and others enter Iraq with arms and leaflets indicating that they would be rewarded for killing Americans.

Amid fears that the US could embark on the road to war with Syria, British foreign secretary Jack Straw has played down talk that Britain could be involved in any conflict.

Road to war

As US-Syrian tension mounts, Washington has announced that it is considering imposing sanctions against Syria for its support of the deposed Iraqi regime.

US Secretary of State Colin Powell said: "We will examine possible measures of a diplomatic, economic or other nature as we move forward.

"We are in touch with Syrian authorities ... and will make them aware of our concerns and we'll see how things unfold as we move forward."

Denied allegations

Syria has insisted it never co-operated with Saddam Hussein's administration and has denied the US allegation that it had chemical weapons.

"We say to President George Bush that Syria has no chemical weapons and that the only chemical, biological and nuclear weapons in the region are in Israel, which is threatening its neighbours and occupying their land," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Buthaina Shaaban said.
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Post Our Soldiers in Iraq

Check it out when you have a minute...

Http://www.jafo.net/stuff/soldiers/

REMINDER: It is much better to turn your speakers up when viewing since both play (great) music.

Kathy

This belongs in the iraq thread.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Thank you for the move!
    Last edited by BatesMotel; 04-15-2003 at 09:42 AM.

Lets not forget that Syria has long been on the State Departments list of rogue nations which state sponsor terrorism.

They need to clean up their act and review their practices. Hiding fleeing Iraqi leaders, military weapons and giving homes to such
    groups as the Hizaballah Jihad Islami and Hammas is not a good side to be on.
    Regards

the US got a big one in Bagdad

they just arrested the very nasty Abu Abbas, who killed the American Leon Klinghoffer (man in wheelchair) on the Achille Lauro cruiseship off Greece.