6 60.00%
  • not sure.

3 30.00%
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1020

Thread: ALL IRAQ topics here.

Originally posted by BAI HE
    Iraq is not a threat
    If by 'Iraq' you mean 'the Hussein Regime', it is unquestionably a threat to some. I guess the question is whether or not we dismiss threats provided they aren't pointed at us.

My proposed answer is a resounding 'no.' But your mileage may vary.

Cyclosarin, not Sarin

Iraq is the only country in which large amounts of cyclosarin have ever been produced for use as a chemical warfare agent. As with most issues surrounding the Iraqi chemical weopons programs, the basis for their decision to produce GF is somewhat unclear. However, it seems likely that the choice was driven by a combination of a desire for a more persistent agent combined with problems with obtaining alcohol precursors for sarin (due to an embargo).
    link

And then there's the Polish find.

But yeah, when Iraq gets a space program, you guys will finally believe it was for the better.

Also BH, don't use Moore to defend your POV. Bad move. He's scum, and to support his propaganda is to side with mass-murdering thugs.

In fact, let me make myself perfectly clear: If he joined the KKK he could not make me think less of him than I already do. If you do support his views, thats all I need to know about you.

What an Iraqi thinks of F911
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Re: Cyclosarin, not Sarin

Originally posted by ZIM
    What an Iraqi thinks of F911...
    As little faith as I have generally in the popular anti-Iraq-war movement, I really think this is their fundamental ****ing failure: they don't care what Iraqis think should happen in Iraq.

I remember in the protest days just before the war, a group of Iraqi ex-pats came to the big London protest to share their point of view on the whole thing - they were forcefully removed from the premises before they could say a word. Irony and hubris make for a nasty combination.

LOL! you must be hanging out at dragonslist.

One factoid I left out. The attackers didnt know that they even had the sarin(thanks for the spelling). It came from an iraqi army artillery cache.

Re: Cyclosarin, not Sarin

Originally posted by ZIM
    But yeah, when Iraq gets a space program, you guys will finally believe it was for the better.
    16 rounds, huh? And the inspectors said it did not contain any agent, huh? Is that the best you can do?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

your like some insane bulldog MK, you just keep hammering home the same pointless and wasted issues. If you'd actually start to pay attention your killing babies is ok attitude would disappear.

A year after the war began Iraqi civilians are still being killed every day. Over 10,000 Iraqi civilians are estimated to have been killed since 18 March 2003 as a direct result of the military intervention in Iraq, either during the war or during the subsequent occupation.
    That's a lot of babies, all right.

In November 2003 the US military said it had paid out US $1.5 million to Iraqi civilians to settle claims by victims or relatives of victims for personal injury, death or damage to property. Some of the 10,402 claims reportedly filed concerned incidents in which US soldiers had shot dead or seriously wounded Iraqi civilians with no apparent cause.
    http://news.amnesty.org/mav/index/ENGMDE140052004
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Over 10,000 Iraqi civilians are estimated to have been killed since 18 March 2003 as a direct result of the military intervention in Iraq
    That's right, probably all killed by americans too. Or maybe, and I know this might seem crazy to you there MK, but just maybe all those crazy islamist extremists firing weapons, mortars and car bombs all over Iraq in dying spasms of an oprressive regime and outlook on life may have done some of this damage. Oh yeah, and where does 10,000 people rate againts the hundreds of thousands saddam killed again? But that's where you get when you don't listen, or pay attention, you get retarded fukkwads like yourself too busy crying in your milk about how nasty war is and how evil bush is when you should be opening your eyes and paying attention to the fact that there are bad people out there doing bad things and someone has to take the initiative to stop them.
    Maybe what you should be discussing at length and arguing is how to pay attention properly, how to listen, reading comprehension and the study of history. These are all things you could use to pull your head out of your a$$, open your eyes and see where the truth is. Oh yeah but I forgot, you had freinds in the towers in 9/11. I guess tha means you can sympathize with terrorists, and the people of Iraq, you kow the same peopel being mustard gassed, and persecuted by the hundreds of thousands. You remember them don't you, while your sitting in your air conditioned world, making your big money, sitting on your couch and watching the world through the tv?

In November 2003 the US military said it had paid out US $1.5 million to Iraqi civilians to settle claims by victims or relatives of victims for personal injury, death or damage to property. Some of the 10,402 claims reportedly filed concerned incidents in which US soldiers had shot dead or seriously wounded Iraqi civilians with no apparent cause.

huh, some interesting facts in here, but since you don't pay attention very well I'll point them out for you -

a- you mean some of those families got paid money for the loss of their loved ones? What was it Saddam was offering again for the loss of loved ones in Iraq?

b- nice spin "shot dead or seriously wounded Iraq civilians with no apprent cause" Huh, wonder whose opinion this is? Oh wait, did I say opinion instead of informed factual statement?

Main Entry: 1ad ho·mi·nem
    Pronunciation: (')ad-'hä-m&-"nem, -n&m
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: New Latin, literally, to the person
    1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
    2 : marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

and while your at it masterkiller, why don't you use your fancy internet skills to look up both sides of a story for a change.

Equanimity????

Leslie Stahl: "We have heard that a half million children have died (as a result of sanctions against Iraq). I mean, that is more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?"

Madeleine Albright: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price, we think the price is worth it."

-- A CBS Sixty Minutes interview between Leslie Stahl and U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, on 12 May 1996
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Sen. Pat Roberts, a Kansas Republican who heads the committee, told reporters that assessments that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons and could make a nuclear weapon by the end of the decade were wrong.

"As the report will show, they were also unreasonable and largely unsupported by the available intelligence," he said.

Intelligence analysts worked from the assumption that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons and was seeking to make more, as well as trying to revive a nuclear weapons program. Instead, investigations after the Iraq invasion have shown that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein had no nuclear weapons program and no biological weapons, and only small amounts of chemical weapons have been found.

Analysts ignored or discounted conflicting information because of their assumptions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, the report said.

"This 'group think' dynamic led Intelligence Community analysts, collectors and managers to both interpret ambiguous evidence as conclusively indicative of a WMD program as well as ignore or minimize evidence that Iraq did not have active and expanding weapons of mass destruction programs," the report concluded.

Such assumptions also led analysts to inflate snippets of questionable information into broad declarations that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons, the report said.

For example, speculation that the presence of one specialized truck could mean an effort to transfer chemical weapons was puffed up into a conclusion that Iraq was actively making chemical weapons, the report said.

Analysts also concluded that Iraq had a mobile biological weapons program based mainly on the since-discredited claims of one Iraqi defector code-named "Curve Ball," it said. American agents did not have direct access to Curve Ball or his debriefers, but the source's information was expanded into the conclusion that Iraq had an advanced and active biological weapons program, the report said.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ligence_report

do us all a big favor MK, use a different tack please, this one got old about 8 months ago, and pay attention, no one is arguing those points.

(Videotape, October 9, 2002):

SEN. KERRY: Iraq has some lethal and incapacitating agents and is capable of quickly producing weaponizing of a variety of such agents, including anthrax, for delivery on a range of vehicles, such as bombs, missiles, aerial sprayers and covert operatives which would bring them to the United States itself.

In addition, we know they are developing unmanned aerial vehicles capable of delivering chemical and biological warfare agents.

According to the CIA’s report, all U.S. intelligence experts agree that they are seeking nuclear weapons. There is little question that Saddam Hussein wants to develop them.

In the wake of September 11, who among us can say with any certainty to anybody that the weapons might not be used against our troops or against allies in the region? Who can say that this master of miscalculation will not develop a weapon of mass destruction even greater, a nuclear weapon?

(End videotape)
    SEN. KERRY: I don’t wish I’d been a naysayer from the start. I did the right thing. My vote was a vote for the security of the United States of America based in the information we were given. Tim, for seven and a half years, Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and we found them. We destroyed them. We knew they were there. We also knew there were some there that we hadn’t finished destroying, at which point the inspections stopped. For four years you had no inspections. During that time, we are told by our intelligence community and by the president the following things are happening:

he’s reconstituting, he’s building. We were even shown photographs: “Here’s what’s happening in this building, Senator.”

MR. RUSSERT: Where are they?

SEN. KERRY: That’s exactly correct. Now, we may find them in the next months. I don’t know the answer to that. What I do know is that it was right to hold Saddam Hussein accountable, absolutely correct. And anybody who doesn’t believe it wasn’t correct ought to go dig around in those graves or even make a judgment about what would happen if you left Saddam Hussein alone to do this.
    link
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب