• long and drawn out

1 10.00%
  • quick and soon over

6 60.00%
  • not sure.

3 30.00%
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL IRAQ topics here.

Actually if you look at the History you can blame a LOT of the world's problems on Roosevelt's and his policies.

Why.

Because he promoted the liquidation of the British Empire after WW II.

The withdrawal of the British in the 1950's created a power vacuum in the middle-east, the british understand this and thus are willing to support the USA in the current war.

So if it wasn't were Roosevelt and his anti-colonism policy we wouldn't have the Israel/Palestine or India/Pakistan conflict.

Nor would the Iran/Iraq war have happened.

Plus, many African countries would be better off too.

So the current situation is the fault of the USA.
    Witty signature under construction.

I heard the Iraqis say they don't have to obey the Geneva convention because the Koran predates it.
    And something about how they were civilized 2000 years ago when Bushes great-grandfathers were living like animals in the caves.
    Bleh. Actually its true, the middle east was influenced a lot by ancient greece, the byzantine empire etc. and had many good thinkers etc.

But stumblefist - u forgot that before islam came was the "time of ignorance" when the arabs were just pagans hitting each others with sticks and had no civilization. At least look at what "traditional" islam teaches - which is the exact opposite of what u said. islam is only 1393 yrs old.

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

The withdrawal of the British in the 1950's created a power vacuum in the middle-east
    also the affect colonialism had on the cultures in places such as india led to people being subdued and having no identity compared to what they had before the british came to take over india. i mean - this is the country that built the taj mahal and other things.

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

So the current situation is the fault of the USA.
    Why does it not surprise me, that even tongue in cheek, you reach this conclusion?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Oh, so that's what started the gloating thing--

There's a big difference between gloating and throwing out some sarcasm. Gloating is behaving like the Middle Easterners across from friends building in Jersey City, who watched the towers come down and had a dance party on the roof. It's sick and wrong.

No, of course not all Middle Easterners responded that way.

Dead people suck. My dad's over there and although he's not in the line of fire these days, he's sure as hell vulnerable to getting shot by random whackos with a gun.

There are no winners in war is a bad piece of work. We win when people can walk down the street and not worry about getting jumped by the Iraqi Mukhabaratand fed feet first into a plastic shredder.

So yeah, there are some pretty clear winners here, regardless of what theories you might have about motive.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I heard the Iraqis say they don't have to obey the Geneva convention because the Koran predates it.
    Actualy, I heard this phrased as a legal argument: this is not an officially declared by Congress "war" [remember that Congress gave a blank check, emergency powers to Bush], so it doesn't fall under those rules.

They're saying everybody is thus a mercenary in this war, and I guess, especially the Iraqis, as they're being offered bounties for Coalition forces killed. [BTW- its Coalition, not just US forces! We always fail to remember who helps us when we 'gloat'!]

Oh, the whole thing is MY fault. My bad, my bad!
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

All I want to know is what ninpo lineage is Saddam. I hear he is the inheritor of the lost Koga line.

I put dollars to donuts that he hides ninja stars in that pickle tickler he has on his face.
    Regards

Saddam did not start the war, we did. America is at least partially at fault for any death that happens as a result.

Reply]
    How do you figure this? Saddam invaded a freind and allie of ours. They asked for hel, we obliged. War broke out. We chased saddam's army back to Iraq, and should have conquered his country for our troubles. But Noooo, we didn't do THAT, instead we aggreed to some stupid cease fire for disarmerment deal, that Saddam totally blew off. Now the cease fire is over, and the war is back on.

The only real shame here is we are going to give Iraq back to the Iraqie people instead of keeping it as an anexed territory of the US and drilling the Sh1t out of it for it's Oil. A Gross violation of the third rule of War btw.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

"Nobody is trying to demonize you, just getting you to look at the world without your pro-US shades."

How about looking at the US without those anti-US shades?

By the way, someone always wins a war.

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    Saddam did not start the war, we did. America is at least partially at fault for any death that happens as a result.

Reply]
    How do you figure this? Saddam invaded a freind and allie of ours. They asked for hel, we obliged. War broke out. We chased saddam's army back to Iraq, and should have conquered his country for our troubles. But Noooo, we didn't do THAT, instead we aggreed to some stupid cease fire for disarmerment deal, that Saddam totally blew off. Now the cease fire is over, and the war is back on.

The only real shame here is we are going to give Iraq back to the Iraqie people instead of keeping it as an anexed territory of the US and drilling the Sh1t out of it for it's Oil. A Gross violation of the third rule of War btw.
    OK, here's a scenario. Let's say I am married and my wife is ****ing me off for whatever reason. Maybe she is taunting me about how small my willy is. So I beat the living daylights out of her. Is it her fault that I beat her, or is it mine? Did I make the choice to beat her or did she?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

OK Zim we will curse you for all the mistakes and the civilian casualties.
    YAY! All my bad karma- gone!

Re: China: No! They're quietly encouraging the war so they can say, with apparent honesty, 'America went nuts! Buy OUR weapons, we will protect you [taiwan, yep] JOIN US NOW!'
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

It's your fault, just like It's Saddam's for invading Kuwaite.

And just like you, Saddam's getting his ass handed to him by Kuwaites "Older Brother" for beating his "Little Sister".
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Sorry, I am missing the bit that says that this current war is a result of Iraq invading Kuwait 12 years ago. I thought this war was about disarming Iraq, about the war on terror, even about liberating the Iraqi people from a despot, but not about Iraq invading Kuwait.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by Royal Dragon

The even sadder part, is if we did nothing, and he started attacking and conquering all his neighbors, and Gas prices went to $17+ a gallon, and our society could no longer function because the fuel to ship even food made it out of reach for many people, these same people protesting the war now, would be protesting the unbeliveable food prices an asking, no screaming and demanding to know, why we didn't intervine in the Mideast back when Saddam was containable.

couldnt we just rely on americas alaskan reserves if this occured

Originally posted by joedoe
    Sorry, I am missing the bit that says that this current war is a result of Iraq invading Kuwait 12 years ago. I thought this war was about disarming Iraq, about the war on terror, even about liberating the Iraqi people from a despot, but not about Iraq invading Kuwait.
    i thought this was about america wanting total control in the middle east!?.

i also thought saddam hates religious people and i also thought osama dissed saddam...so where is the al qaeda link?.