Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Training BLOG

5/20

gym - legs / chest

Did a 20 rep set with 225, followed by two more sets of 10 with 225.

20 rep set on the bench with 135, followed by 2 sets of 245 and 2 sets of 225.

several rounds of light shadowboxing.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

5/24

gym

back / lats

MT

punching combinations and light sparring. several rounds of neck wrestling.

after class, I put in two rounds of bag work and two rounds of punching sprints.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

5/25

gym

chest / legs

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/26

MT

kicking and knee combinations, kicks on the thai pads, neck wrestling, light sparring.

after class, trhee rounds of punching sprints, three rounds of bagwork.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/27

Captin's Log:
    I started creatine loading on yesterday, and started "3 Weeks of Hell". I'll be working out 5 days a week, two hours at a time. Today, I slacked and did only an hour. I did Upper Body and Cardio. I've decided my two favorite pieces of equipment have to be the rowing machine and a jumprope.
    Both kick my ass.

That is all.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

lDon't load. Studies have shown that loading doesn't do anything more than make you spend more money when you run to buy more creatine. Just use it the way it says to after the loading phase is over.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Hey, thanks for the advice, Seven. I had a personal trainer I work with tell me that its the only way it'll work. I guess he gets comission
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

the messed up thing about trainers is that not all of them keep up with the latest info, and not all of them know what they're talking about...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Dayum - I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted here. in a nutshell, I've been focusing on muay thai, really hitting it hard. That's the only thing I've been doing since the knee injury, other than going to the gym. coach and I have been training pretty hard, meeting on off class days, so I've been doing MT 4-6 days a week, in addition to increasing my cardio.
    I was supposed to have a fight last saturday, but was on call and got paged. coach won his, however.

this injury has actually helped me, as I've developed my right leg kick more - it's improved greatly, and I've had a chance to improve my left leg front roundhouse also. Next week, I'm gonna start grappling again, but I'm still focusing on the thai boxing, so I will be doing mt 4 days a week and bjj/judo 2-3. they're talking about wanting me to do some mma fights later this year, so I need to get back on the mat for sure.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/22

gym -

circuit training and some heavy bench press.

MT-

cardio, cardio, cardio, cardio, sparring. jebus... ever play football, lose a game and have to run countless laps at the next practice? That's what tonight felt light - it was nuts.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/24

gym - legs, cardio

set of 20 reps with 225, followed by a set of 7 with 365 and a set of 8 with 275. After that was a mile on the treadmill, followed by some rope jumping and footwork drills.

MT -

I got special "closed door" training today - it was only me and coach. I got to class right at the end due to work, but we normally stay late and train extra anyway, so it's cool.

I started off with 15 mins of jump rope, followed by plenty of other calesthenics. after that, we did footwork drills, parrying drills, slipping drill, countering... seems like the first hour was pure defensive. We spent the next 30 - 40 mins doing pad work. we started with some progressive combinations and ended with free flow hitting - He would spontaneously flash feeds and I would react to them, hitting with whatever I wanted.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter