Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Training BLOG

Training BLOG

Okay, this thread is a training BLOG - we will post our training schedules, progress, etc. here - basically, it's a training diary. Train, post here, then train more.

I'll start:

typical schedule

mon - 12:00 - 1:00 - gym
    mon - 6:00 - 8:00 - judo
    mon - 8:30 - 10:00 - bjj

tues - 12:00 - 1:00 - gym
    tues - 7:30 - 10:00 - bjj

wed - 12:00 - 1:00 - gym
    wed - 8:30 - 10:00 - bjj or shuai chiao - depending on my training partners

thurs - 12:00 - 1:00 - gym
    thurs - 6:00 - 8:00 - judo
    thurs - 7:30 - 10:00 - bjj

fri - 12:00 - 1:00 - gym
    fri - shuai chiao

sat - 10:00 -12:00 - bjj

I try to make it to the gym twice on tues, wed and fri if I can, and Hopefully, I will be adding silat (bukti negara) to my sat. and maybe sun.

Today, I hit the weights pretty hard. Due to the weather, I didn't make it to bjj.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Kung Lek, I think this thread should really be in the Training and Health forum.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

LOL, you punk...

Actually though, I prefer this thread to be here. In the training forum, it will get gym replies. I want MA replies also.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I stand by my previous assessment.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

come on... I know you people train...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I have no fixed training schedule. Works around my kung fu training, which is usually Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays. I go to the gym other days if I can make it.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Geez you guys are taking this thread war thing seriously aren't you?
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

usually 4-5 days of MA training, a couple days with my teacher and a couple days of solo training.

then at work I get to practice the techniques I learn in class by throwing a-holes onto the ground and handcuffing them. Just doesn't get any better than that.

3 days of weightlifting, possibly adding a 4th sometime soon. typically tues, wed, thurs
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Originally posted by joedoe
    I have no fixed training schedule. Works around my kung fu training, which is usually Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays. I go to the gym other days if I can make it.
    Perfect. I don't want schedules. That was an example. I just want to hear your training updates and epiphanies. Like a training diary. Did you learn something today in class? post it. Did you realize how a principle works and apply it in a live situation for the first time? post it.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Sevenstar-

Bukti Negra is supposed to be a great system, nice find sir.

Myself I am hoping to start Gayong Silat training and Sambo in about a month if all goes right. Depends on the teacher and his moving situation.

For now besides one training class a week I am pretty much solo.

3-4 days at powerhouse gym. Right now I am having a flair up in my left shoulder from benching. Which is the first time in my life.

2 Days of solo practice mixed in with the gym times, shadow sparring, the heavy bag, some war post, solo training drills.

Sunday my buds meet up and we work out, mostly ww2 close combat methods, drills and weapons.

If I can I like to go to the shooting range once a week but it looks more like once every two for a bit now.
    Regards

OK, here's 2 realisations in one - I realised that I really suck at weights despite my size, and I also realised that the art I practice must be more internal than I thought since I normally can throw my training partners across the room despite my apparent lack of strength.

Hang on, I see what you're doing ...

that reminds me, I also try to practice some handgun stuff once or twice a week. things like presentation and holstering, loading, reloading etc.

Originally posted by Fred Sanford
    then at work I get to practice the techniques I learn in class by throwing a-holes onto the ground and handcuffing them. Just doesn't get any better than that.
    It says in your profile that you own a junk yard. What kind of fukked up junkyard is it if you need to throw down and cuff people there!?

here's a clue, I don't really own a junkyard. ah grasshopper, don't believe everything you read. You ever see a tv show called Sanford and Son? that will explain everything.

with a name like serpent, are you a snake?

Well, I already knew you were an ******* from your previous posts. Now it's confirmed.

If you didn't want people to know what you did, just leave it blank. Why lie?

And maybe I am a snake. Takes ages to type though, having no fingers and all.