Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Training BLOG

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Seven, just out of curiosity, I think we are about the same size.
    around 6' and 225-230. What is your goal on the treadmill?
    Do you just put in the miles or do you have time/distance goals?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

now, I just go for distance, but last year I went for time. I'm getting ready to start back going for time, as I plan on doing some 5k races this year. (planned on it last year also, but seems like something always came up) My primary goal is just building stamina for MA, but I do have a secondary goal of doing the 5k.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I was just wondering. I was a cross country runner in HS so I feel like a wimp if I don't do at least 2 miles. But, I'm also 225 and can't get the speed I would like. (I was 140-180 in HS) Like I said earlier in the thread I can't run flat or downhill anymore because the bursa in my rt hip swells from the impact so I just do stairclimbers.

thanks, heading to the gym now. They just replace all thier old equipment with shiny new HammerStrength stuff and there's all sort's of cool new toys to play with.

BTW

Training Log for
    3-4-05

nada, worked all day and it was an anniversary type thing for me and my girl so we went to dinner and I had a delicious cajun rubbed rib eye w/ steamed asparagus and yummy cheesecake for dessert. Complimented with a nice Chilean Cabernet.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

4-5-03

dangit, only got 1 1/2 miles before I just got too ****ed to work out.

4-6-03

mountain biking 1 1/2 hours. Initial climb of around 600 feet in about 25 minutes. The rest was single track down hill w/ some uphill here and there.

4-6-03

Arnis De Mano and Sinawali boxing class for 2 hours today. Core of basic solo baston techniques, then converted over to knife and empty hand, part of the signature flow of the fma systems, worked largo and corto range, some of my stick strips felt weak today, but my "live hand" was coming up pure Millhouse.
    Regards

You made it - sweet. You should have some good stuff to put here!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

4/6

did scrapper's workout.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Stardate Week Beginning Mar31

Went to class Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    Tweaked my knee on Tuesday, but managed to push through it.

Worked out on Friday, got a small introduction to some higher contact sparring, it was a lot of fun, re-tweaked my knee.

Took too much medication way too late Friday night, woke up too late and missed Saturday workout.

Momz came on Sunday, we cleaned my house for a good 6 or 7 hours straight. Missed workout. She left with dog. Might be getting rid of dog. Have a week of freedom to decide. Midnight snack was a bad idea.

Overall, better than the previous week, but nowhere near where I want to be. I've got a week to test myself to see if I can get back on track with no distractions.
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

Jow take care of that knee… Fri… a lot of sparring… Jow landed on me… end of sparring for me that day… Sat… SUCKED for me… new techniques were introduced… well… variations of other techniques… could not pick them up… my bad habits were pointed out… and in general fellt like a scrub for the day... and to top it all of i poked MYSELF in the eye.... on a sidenote... Carmelo Anthony is a MONSTER... hope SYR stomps all over Kansas...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Suntzu

You gonna write the Ralek-esque recap? or should I?
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

stardate 20030407

Did upper body workout. Have embarked on my plan to gradually increase the weights I am lifting. Lowered the assistance level for the assisted chin ups, and raised the weights used for the incline press. So far so good.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by Oso
    Seven, just out of curiosity, I think we are about the same size.
    around 6' and 225-230. What is your goal on the treadmill?
    Do you just put in the miles or do you have time/distance goals?
    **** you are HUGGGGE (thats muscle Im assuming).
    ***SONIC KICK***

Did more pushups. Training to throw my friend on the floor various ways for practice
    ***SONIC KICK***

SevenStar's log. Stardate 20030407

During lunch I ran 2 miles. Did lots of throwing and takedown work tonight.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter