Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Training BLOG

Originally posted by Black Jack
    Sevenstar-

Bukti Negra is supposed to be a great system, nice find sir.

Myself I am hoping to start Gayong Silat training and Sambo in about a month if all goes right. Depends on the teacher and his moving situation.

For now besides one training class a week I am pretty much solo.

3-4 days at powerhouse gym. Right now I am having a flair up in my left shoulder from benching. Which is the first time in my life.

2 Days of solo practice mixed in with the gym times, shadow sparring, the heavy bag, some war post, solo training drills.

Sunday my buds meet up and we work out, mostly ww2 close combat methods, drills and weapons.

If I can I like to go to the shooting range once a week but it looks more like once every two for a bit now.
    cool. Hopefully you do get into sambo and the silat - we can compare notes between judo/sambo and gayong/bukti negara
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Don't worry about him Serpent, he's just a sh1t stirrer. He's another one who has come to preach to the masses about how much kung fu sucks.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Don't be hatin'

LOL @ serpent and joedoe

I am an @sshole, so what.

c'mon guys, I study a little kung fu. I just happen to think that for the most part you lot are clueless.

I happen to like martial arts in general, but to me it's also a tool. what's the point in practicing if you never get to use it? where's the fun in that?
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 03-25-2003 at 10:24 PM.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

LOL.

And that is supposed to convince us that you are an OK guy? Don't worry, I don't hate you. You kind of amuse me actually. You have no idea about who I am or how I train, so how do you know I am clueless?
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Originally posted by joedoe
    OK, here's 2 realisations in one - I realised that I really suck at weights despite my size, and I also realised that the art I practice must be more internal than I thought since I normally can throw my training partners across the room despite my apparent lack of strength.

Hang on, I see what you're doing ...
    Why do you suck at weights? How often do you lift?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

What am I possibly trying to do?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

And that is supposed to convince us that you are an OK guy? Don't worry, I don't hate you. You kind of amuse me actually. You have no idea about who I am or how I train, so how do you know I am clueless?
    I'm not worried.

Todays training:

05:00am ~ 05:15am - Zhang Zhuang
    05:15am ~ 05:30am - Chan su Jin
    05:30am ~ 06:00am - Single movement practice.

What I learned today:

Don't practice backwards walking without shoes while some your sons toys are left lying around.

Reminder to self:
    Don't forget to buy new toys to replace the ones broken this morning.
    Witty signature under construction.

Originally posted by joedoe
    Don't worry about him Serpent, he's just a sh1t stirrer. He's another one who has come to preach to the masses about how much kung fu sucks.
    S'cool man, I'm not that bothered about it. I'm amused, really, like yourself.

The funniest bit is the way he calls us all clueless when he's never contributed one constructive thing anywhere in the forum.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by SevenStar

Why do you suck at weights? How often do you lift?
    I joined a gym at the end of February and was put on a weights/cardio program. I weigh around 100kgs (admittedly I am carrying some extra weight ) but find that there are guys there who lift way more than I do but probably weigh a good 20-30kgs less than me.

I do an upper body workout twice a week, and a leg workout twice a week.

To be honest it really doesn't bother me but it is sometimes a little embarrassing putting the measly amounts of weights on the machine that I do when these guys seem to have no problems with 2 or 3 times the amount I am doing. I do realise that I haven't been doing it for long but I always thought I was a bit stronger than what I appear to be.

The funniest bit is the way he calls us all clueless when he's never contributed one constructive thing anywhere in the forum
    but you have? Now that's funny

never? you checked all the forums? 100% certain of that?

LOL

Joe, you'll probably make quite fast gains now that you've started weight-training.

Did you do much bodyweight stuff previously?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Don't sweat it. you'll get stronger, and once you hit your goal weight, you can get on a strength program. you'll catch up to the others, then leave em in smoke. Plus, you know that you can throw them across the room.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    Don't sweat it. you'll get stronger, and once you hit your goal weight, you can get on a strength program. you'll catch up to the others, then leave em in smoke. Plus, you know that you can throw them across the room.
    He makes a good point there!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I have already noticed that I can up my reps every couple of workouts already, and I am feeling so much better for having done regular weights and cardio workouts. It feels good to finally be regaining some of my fitness.

Serp - I never really did weights before. I always found it kinda boring, but now the views at the gym are great so I am enjoying it more than I used to . The most I used to do is push ups, chin ups, and sit ups, but I haven't done that for a long time. What I have found interesting is that my power in training my kung fu has gotten better regardless of my lack of 'gym' type training. Unfortunately my aerobic fitness has suffered, especially since I stopped playing volleyball.